2013 5.0 check engine code 6081B

Chaney5.0

It was either 6081B or 6018B. The hand held said something to do with torque performance error or something like that.

I did some tuner switching around here last weekend and took the diablo trinity "bama tuned" off the car and put it on my truck. I bought a diablo intune for the car as I just load the tune and put it in the glove box. Well while I am waiting for bama to pull their head out and switch over my tunes I threw the 93 oct Diablo tune for the Airaid setup on the car. Ran this tune before with no problems really.

The car is a garage car and it sits for a week or two at a time so yea. 3100 miles on the ODO. I loaded the 93 oct tune yesterday afternoon to pull it out to wash it. While I was loading it the weather said otherwise and started dumping down. Car in the garage I went ahead and finished the upload from the intune and did a half assed idle relearn. Never really needed to do one but I went ahead this time for the hell of it. Needed to be started anyways... Everything seemed fine 3-5 minutes with no ac, then 3-5 minutes with it on. Gave the car a few revs and turned it off. Went to bed. Come out this afternoon to start the car and pull it out to wash it. Starts and runs pretty damn rough. Shaking and can't find a steady idle for the life of it. It begins to even out a bit but I was too scared to let it go. Throwing a check engine code. Read it with the intune and I got 6018B or 6081B can't remember. I read what it was and it seemed like a corrupted upload or something like that.

Went ahead and turned the car back to stock and started it up. Didn't let it run for long as I have an airaid with no sound tube and didn't want to cause harm. Which an intake won't but no point. Started and idled fine for the 30 seconds I let it. Turned it off and put the 93 oct airaid tune back on from diablo. It went on fine with no check engine or error codes again like it did yesterday afternoon. Half assed another idle relearn and pulled it out. I am about to head outside and wash it now and see if cleaning it will get my mind off of this.

Somebody re assure me it was just a tune issue and my car isn't showing signs of being another ford half assed build? Car is in the garage most of the time, I drive it hard but I don't destroy it. Performance car so it should be able to take a good little beating.

Anybody reassure me please? Give me some insight...

PLASMAN

Don
Established Member
I had this code 2 weeks ago on a very rainy day when my airraid non oiled filter became a sponge and collapsed as the intake tried to suck in water and it ran like shit. (Filter was water logged)
Put my steeda filter back on and cleared the code no problem. Runs fine now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Chaney5.0

Weird. The car rarely sees water. Actually hasn't seen it since I put the airraid on there aside from a small sprinkle and I was doing 75mph down the road... So there is no way it could get into the vents...

And it is random to load the tune and not do it one day, be in the garage all night and not see a drop of water then the next day when I go to start it do it? I just washed it let it dry and started it pulling it into the garage and it seemed fine...

Appreciate the insight. Was it that exact code that you got? My car is fine though yes? Not a big deal eh? If it is I am trading it the **** in tomorrow LOL

Really weird, anybody else have some input for me please?

scotmach

Established Member
I don't understand why guys are having to do the idle relearn? With all the tunes I've switched I've never had to do one and never had any idle issues.

Chaney5.0

I don't understand why guys are having to do the idle relearn? With all the tunes I've switched I've never had to do one and never had any idle issues.

Never had to do one either. It has never been a problem like I said it hasn't. I just did it because I have nothing better to do so I might as well. Just half assed one didn't even time it. Just turned the radio on and listened to a couple songs LOL.

But has nothing to do with the thread. Somebody else have something productive?

Users who are viewing this thread