2013 4th gear noise

Sigus

Established Member
Hi folks,

I have a 2013. That has about 1000 miles on it. I have been noticing a unusual noise from the transmission when in 4th gear and around 2600 to 3000 rpm. The noise is kind of like a card in bike spokes.

I am wondering if this is normal for this car.

Great forum by the way have read learned a lot from you guys. Also have done a search on this subject and really haven't seen anything mentioned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

APMECH

Established Member
I think I heard before that there's a sticker that starts to come off the driveshaft. So when your driveshaft is spinning that fast the sticker starts hitting the underside of your car. Get under there and peel it off.

Last edited:

Sigus

Established Member
Thanks for the info! I will put it up on my race ramps and have a look. If that's the case will get photos and post up so others can be made aware.

APMECH

Established Member
Thanks for the info! I will put it up on my race ramps and have a look. If that's the case will get photos and post up so others can be made aware.

Check the 2013 section, I bet you find it posted somewhere in there.

Sigus

Established Member
I think I heard before that there's a sticker that starts to come off the driveshaft. So when your driveshaft is spinning that fast the sticker starts hitting the underside of your car. Get under there and peel it off.

Got the car up in the air and inspected the drive shaft. No sticker that could be hitting something stationary. Looks like its deeper in the box. time for a trip to the dealer to see what they think. :cryying:

Users who are viewing this thread