2013/2014 Value ?

CobraG

Established Member
I'm about to make a deal on a 2014 GT500. When I was talking to the finance guy at the dealership he was telling me about interest rates being high right now and how the car is almost 10 model years old. Both are contributing factors to the higher interest rate.
My question is are the 13/14 GT500's at the end of their loan value? If someone wants to buy a 13/14 next year will they be able to finance one?
Obviously everyone's situation is different when it comes to money and finances. I'm just wondering if the value of these cars is about to drop. I know there will always be the people who have to have one, that group includes me, but is this it for the 13/14's in regards to financing at the bank? Will these cars be selling in the $30K range next year?

Last edited:

robvas

Established Member
They aren't going down to $30k anytime soon but they aren't likely going any higher. Seems like they have dropped a bit the last 6 months

Blkblk13car

Established Member
You’re hard pressed to find one below 41/42 right now on autotrader nation wide. There’s only 70 or so for sale total as well. That plus the nature of the cars will keep them stable if not increasing as supply thins further over the next 10-15 years.

to your other point, there are plenty of lenders that are well versed in ‘classic’ car loans and will lend more for much older vehicles. the 13/14’s are special enough and hagerty has already called its future status So it shouldn’t be an issue not solved by a more niche lender.

I personally have no dog in the fight since Im about to cross 100,000 miles put on mine and have daily’d it for years. Won’t be mine that goes to Barret Jackson.

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
The 2013-2014 Shelby GT500's average is 60K and wont be dropping anytime soon. Especially low mileage, unmolested and rare option shelby's.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
There was a big ole pissing match from a "seem to know it all" type of guy a few months ago telling me in a PM my car booked for $29,000:ROFLMAO::LOL: Probubly so, but these cars are not valued based on a book numerical value.

@13COBRA is a good source of info when it comes to your question and maybe he will enlighten us again.

Another option, USAA will loan all day on cars. Not a member of USAA? Go see your nearest Army recruiter and ask where to sign up(y)

Blkblk13car

Established Member
Thats
There was a big ole pissing match from a "seem to know it all" type of guy a few months ago telling me in a PM my car booked for $29,000:ROFLMAO::LOL: Probubly so, but these cars are not valued based on a book numerical value.

@13COBRA is a good source of info when it comes to your question and maybe he will enlighten us again.

Another option, USAA will loan all day on cars. Not a member of USAA? Go see your nearest Army recruiter and ask where to sign up(y)
thats who I had financed with. Worth a little knee and back pain

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm about to make a deal on a 2014 GT500. When I was talking to the finance guy at the dealership he was telling me about interest rates being high right now and how the car is almost 10 model years old. Both are contributing factors to the higher interest rate.
My question is are the 13/14 GT500's at the end of their loan value? If someone wants to buy a 13/14 next year will they be able to finance one?
Obviously everyone's situation is different when it comes to money and finances. I'm just wondering if the value of these cars is about to drop. I know there will always be the people who have to have one, that group includes me, but is this it for the 13/14's in regards to financing at the bank? Will these cars be selling in the $30K range next year?

Is a 10 year old car harder to get financed than a new car? Yep. Impossible? No.

The finance guy was justifying rate. He probably held two points...gave you 8%, bank gave him 6%, the dealership profits from the difference.

No, these cars will not fall into the $30k range... haha Not next year for sure.

Blkblk13car

Established Member
I doubt he'll have any problems unless he puts 87 in it. This hobby is not for the frugal or budget minded

ive only really had rear diff issues which were warrantied but are pretty simple worse case.

been pretty good up to 100k

CobraG

Established Member
Good info, thanks for the replies. All the talk with the salesman and the finance guy got me thinking about the future value. I'm sure you understand before you drop $50K thoughts go through your head, lol.
Anyway, I am approved through USAA (21 yrs Air Force :)) at 8.3%, they said that's their best rate for a used car.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good info, thanks for the replies. All the talk with the salesman and the finance guy got me thinking about the future value. I'm sure you understand before you drop $50K thoughts go through your head, lol.
Anyway, I am approved through USAA (21 yrs Air Force :)) at 8.3%, they said that's their best rate for a used car.

That's probably close. I'd check around a couple of your local credit unions to make sure.

There's one by me that's SUPER aggressive.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member

Only thought I had before dropping $50k for my car was how do I keep this bitch from getting away from me?

32 minutes from the time it went live on Autotrader to the point where I had a $1000.00, over the phone, sight unseen, deposit on the car in my signature.

Thanks for your service. I suppose you wont be going to see the Army recruiter now?

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Try Pen Fed credit union. Their rate for used and 72 months is 6.24%. I have used them before and its an easy process. They will cut the check in your dealers name.

Also used Navy Federal credit union but you need to have a member of the family who was in the service which you are. Their rate right now for 72 months on a used car loan is 5.64%. Have used them also and while both are easy to get loans Pen Fed is more customer friendly but Navy Fed has the better rate. Good luck on your purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread