2013-2014 Trinity Tvs Supercharger Pulley shaft got pushed in from shipping

dpsemperfi

Established Member
So I bought a 2013-2014 take-off supercharger from a Super Snake build, couple years ago, never used it and when I received it I noticed that at one of the corners of the box the pulley end was sticking through, at the time I didn't think much it. It seem to rotate fine. So two years after I forgot about the situation and sold it on this forum. The buyer question how it was spinning and that there was some resistance. So I realized that there was damage to the Supercharger when I first received the supercharger. I ended up paying the member back plus the shipping back to me. So the question I have is how far is the output shaft suppose to extend out of the snout. If somone has a pulley off and can give me a good measurement that would be appreciated, if you have the pulley on , what is the gap between the pulley and the unmachinded lip, seems to be about 1/16 to a 1/8 inch gap based of pictures I've seen online but thats just a guess. I've already have done some measurements off my stock 1.8 supercharger output shaft to give me a reference and the gap on the TVS I have right now is under a 1/16 that seems a little tight. It seems to me that there might be different measurements based off some pictures of other TVS online that seem to have more gap than others. Maybe there +/- window that the pulley can be located. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Also my measurements are based of the pulleys being flushed to the end of the output shaft. And I do understand that these two different Superchargers have different pulleys but they both are flush to the end of the output shaft and I just fiqured out the difference. So the output shaft on the TVS will extend farther but the pulley being longer will keep the supercharger belt in the stock position on either Supercharger. I've pressed the shaft out a nudge and it seems to be on the money based off my measurements but It would be nice to have a second measurement on a good running Supercharger.

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
Using a feelers gauge between the back of the pulley and the front of the SC housing, I got a tight .090" (.028" + .030" + .032"). Car is a 2013 and the engine has never been touched.

PA302280.JPG

PA302281.JPG

Last edited:

BilletProShop

Established Member
The snout will need to be taken apart and reassembled. Happens often during shipping. You can call us to fix this.

-Mat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dpsemperfi

Established Member
Mat, thanks you guys are the experts on that stuff. I would think you would be able to press it back but like I said you guys would know.

Last edited:

Mike93SVT

Savior of Junk
Established Member
happened on my eaton. i took the snout off and pushed the shaft back out with a manual press so I could feel the pressure. could probably have done it by hand, wasn't tough at all.

not saying that's the right answer, but I just pushed it back out and was good to go

Mike

dpsemperfi

Established Member
Thanks Mike,

Basically I did the same thing, I removed the pulley and snout from the Supercharger. I pressed on the hub end of the shaft and heard it seat forwarded, it barely moved, which I should have realized that would be as far as it would go. Inexperienced and not really thinking it through. I like to do my own stuff even when I don't really know the exact steps and sometimes that could really cost you. So BPS got me thinking, I must be doing something wrong. I really don't see a reason to disassemble the snout since it has new bearings and all I'm trying to do is re-seat the bearings. My mistake was that I didn't hold the front bearing from pushing forward on to the oil seal. I need to remove the seal and press both the rear of the shaft and front bearing. That should sandwich both bearings to the seat of the housing and then replace the front oil seal and it should be good.

It is possible that I didn't push the front bearing forward because the seal is still in the Supercharger but I definitely want to be 100%. I'm not keeping the Supercharger and want to sell it.

dpsemperfi

Established Member
Update Trinity Supercharger snout shaft

Probably could have left it alone but I was worried that I might have pushed the front bearing forward. So I pressed the shaft out for inspection. Removed the shaft seal , no way to save the seal. Of course the front bearing was still seated, not something you want to take a chance on. Ordered a new seal, eventually I will install the shaft and a new seal.

Users who are viewing this thread