2013/2014 Shelby GT500 Dyno Results

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
So are all these tunes from Lund mail order? I thought you always had to be on the dyno to get the best and more importantly, safest tune? Has there ever been any issues as I'm sure this voids the Ford warranty so I wouldn't want to blow my new car up by doing this.
I'm paying for 662hp and 631 ftlbs of torque, should I/we not get that off the show room floor? Stock, as I drive off??

If the power advertised by Ford is at the crank, then ok, but is it?? Do we lose that much power to the rear wheels??

Please explain.
Thanks for perusing the Sticky, guys. It is, however, intended for posting dyno results, not necessarily answering tangentially-related questions. Since both of your questions/issues have been bantered about many times, recommend you try SEARCHING for related threads. If you don't find what you're looking for, please open a new thread dedicated to your question/issue.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I'm paying for 662hp and 631 ftlbs of torque, should I/we not get that off the show room floor? Stock, as I drive off??

If the power advertised by Ford is at the crank, then ok, but is it?? Do we lose that much power to the rear wheels??

Please explain.
All hp / tq #'s that you see on tv or in print, unless otherwise noted, are ( crank / flywheel ) ratings.
My 2011, 550 advertised hp, netted me 481rwhp.
My 2014, 662 advertised hp, netted me 585rwhp..................the rest is drivetrain loss.

REDSTALION

Established Member
Stock Baseline Run using 91 octane pump gas.

69D5CE31-E8F4-4D5F-80F1-F50766D44D55_zpsjpinloi4.jpg

mikengail

Established Member
Sorry, Norton, it's the wife's car and she has the dyno sheet "filed" somewhere. Her 2014 is pure stock and made 595rwhp and 599rwtq a couple of weeks ago on 91. We plan on getting her a VMP Phase-1 kit that has the FRRP Resonator Delete and a VMP tune for an advertised 50hp increase. That's probably going to be the extent of the mods to her baby.

My VMP TVS Coyote A6 with 82mm upper pulley and O/R-H made 581rwhp the same day on 91. Not doing anything more to mine on the stock bottom end. Both cars feel about even power wise on the street. Mine is a little quicker in a dig race and hers eats my lunch on a road race. Just too much fun...

ktulu1984

Established Member
Finally Dynoed 2013 (Adding to this Sticky from regular post)

Yesterday I did a stock baseline pull and then installed a JLT CAI, FRPP Super Cobra Jet Oval TB, JBA ORX, and Lund tune. Stock numbers were 617hp/598tq and the modded pull was 715hp/675tq. They are SAE numbers with 5% load on the Eddie Brake. You can see SAE in top corner of second picture.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is a video of the dyno.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJSVVX-ARHI

stutter

eat me
Established Member
Ok so its been a while since I was supposed to do this but here it is. Mods are:
stock engine, tranny, S/C (nothing ported)
10% Lower, 2.4 upper
ARH headers
ID1300
NGK TR8
168mm oval TB
JLT 148 intake
E85
All done on London Chassis Mustang Dyno
FE426E52-822C-4AFB-AE4B-0C9BD4A0A746.jpg

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Looking good, big power there.
Still in for Norwalk testing?
-J

Ok so its been a while since I was supposed to do this but here it is. Mods are:
stock engine, tranny, S/C (nothing ported)
10% Lower, 2.4 upper
ARH headers
ID1300
NGK TR8
168mm oval TB
JLT 148 intake
E85
All done on London Chassis Mustang Dyno
FE426E52-822C-4AFB-AE4B-0C9BD4A0A746.jpg

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Bummer.
Was the engine build needed for any reason (I know mine will make the same power as we have identical mods and I expect o be on borrowed time with the lower end) or did you just decide to build it before it hurts something?
-J

little-dw

Established Member
I'm taking my car to the dyno today. I did not do a baseline pull since I have seen they could average anywhere from 580-605rwhp. Well I have added the 13-6 kit, an off road h pipe and a 2.396 upper pulley and am curious now as to what she can do. (hoping a little upwards of 650rwhp)

I see a lot of dyno sheets and can only see a few numbers as far as rpm ranges. I have not red lined my car yet, so when I spoke to the guy and mentioned that I did not want it red lined on a dyno... they said they can run it to whatever RPMs I wanted and stop. I'm assuming 6250 -6500 will be a safe number to stop the pull in 4th gear and still get good results?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Its my opinion that when in the controlled setting of the dyno, you should make the pull to redline to make sure the tune is safe all the way.
I'm not saying hit the rev limiter, but I had my guy pull it to 7000rpm to make sure it was safe.
On my pulls the cams peak at 6600rpm, so there's a reason SVT allows an 8second over-rev to 7000+
The car goes faster on the strip with a 6700rpm shift (once you mod and especially spin the blower harder, the peak usually comes down for 64-6500rpm shifts)
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
portdynoSTD_zps201a6864.jpg

This is the before/after the ported/welded blower on conservative 93 octane tune + torco additive, would go higher with custom tuning.
Will be adding a custom E85 tune and upper pulley before June NMRA Norwalk.
-J

stutter

eat me
Established Member
Bummer.
Was the engine build needed for any reason (I know mine will make the same power as we have identical mods and I expect o be on borrowed time with the lower end) or did you just decide to build it before it hurts something?
-J

Engine build wasn't needed, but I'm not satisfied with 817/827. So I am sleeving the block, adding new rods and custom cams. I can't afford porting so I am only having the short block built and resembled with the new cams. Hoping that without porting, to at least gain 100hp/100tq

GT500wantabe

Established Member
2013 - JLT intake, Ford Racing oval throttle body, 2.4 upper pulley, AR 1 7/8" headers catless, factory piping and mufflers.

Bought the car with these mods so I don't have a stock dyno. It made 647 hp before Strictly Performance tweaking the tune. No torque as he said his torque reading equipment was not working.

Attachments

• 2013 GT500 dyno.JPG
    2013 GT500 dyno.JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 1,242

JPs2013GT500

I can count to potato
Established Member
674 rwhp / 684 rwtq
Tuner said my torque number looked good but the horsepower seems about 15-20 low for the mods (signature) I have. :shrug:

DynoChart.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread