2013-2014 Shelby GT500 Brake Reservoir Covers

Marc

Established Member
I have been looking for one for the Shelby. I am wanting something in black with either a cobra/GT500 logo or just in plain black. I know Moroso has one (brushed aluminum) but has their name on it and not in black. Also, the Shelby Store has them, but not in black and literally takes months to get one ordered:

htp://www.shelbystore.com/Shelby-Fabricated-Aluminum-Brake-Reservoir-Cover-p/74222.htm

Anyone know where you can get one in plain black one or something with a Cobra/GT500 Label in black?

I got the fuse box cover coming from JLT and that brake reservoir just sticks out (IMOP) since I already have the aftermarket coolant tanks, Shelby caps, Carbon Fiber Intake Tube, radiator cover, and powder coated coil covers.

ShelbyRadiatorCover_zps31bb5d8e.jpg

Let me know if anyone knows where I can find one.

Last edited:

Joraft

Established Member
... Anyone know where you can get one in plain black one or something with a Cobra/GT500 Label in black?

Let me know if anyone knows where I can find one.

I just bought this kit from American Muscle. Well made.

I plan to have them painted. The master cylinder cover needs a slight modification to fit around the throttle body on the 13-14.

Battery and Master Cylinder KIt

Ky GT500

Established Member
Got the same as Joraft,,,but also have the shock tower covers too. Leaving mine black for now, matches the cowl cover. My fuse box cover was hydro dipped carbon fiber so it matched the CAI,,but have a painted with snake coming from JLT.

image-6.jpg

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
Hi,

You can have the Moroso one powder coated wrinkle black, that's what I did with the front tanks, the wrinkle PC hides the logo.

Manuel

Ky GT500

Established Member
They do look good that way. I may think twice on the painting.

I'm happy with the look,,,I've seen some painted to match and to me, it takes away from the motor/SC. The black on the SGM kind of frames the motor/SC. The painted fuse box cover could be to much as well, I'll see. It's all personal preference though.

Marc

Established Member
Thanks for the ideas folks. I would rather just find a plain black cover without making any modifications. I don't want the ones that cover the battery and the matching one on the other side (my preference only, not that they don't look bad).

I think someone could make some money making one that just covers the brake reservoir only that's in black and not that brushed aluminum.

Ky GT500

Established Member
Doesn't Shelby have one??? I know it's brushed, but you can always have it powder coated black and call it a day. Probably lose the CS logo in the PC process, but you get your black cover. $70 for cover, then cost of PC.

imagejpg1-21.jpg

Last edited:

Marc

Established Member
Doesn't Shelby have one??? I know it's brushed, but you can always have it powder coated black and call it a day.

That's what I planned on doing. They do but are out of stock and have been for months.

I just texted a guy on the Shelby Forums asking him if they are going to be making another batch or have they just quit making them for good.

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
dressupparts2_zps8953c6d5.jpg

Can still see the CS logo with the PC if you want, they were in stock at SA when I bought this 6-8 weeks ago.
-J

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Have the Moroso covers on both of mine.
Took the welds off on a belt sander, spray painted semi-gloss black.
You could sand off the name also if it bothers you, hard to see it after painting.

Last edited:

Marc

Established Member
Thanks folks. Think I will order the Moroso one and sand off the brand then have it powder coated the color of my reservoir tanks.

This is the one I have from Moroso. $42.00. Same cover without the Shelby logo. That should make up for the cost of powder coating...which should be more than about $10.00 I would imagine.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mor-74222/overview/

Is the 2012 model the same as the 2013? I am assuming yes... No modifications to make it fit?

Last edited:

MikeHoncho

Who cares...
Established Member
Yes, I think 08 to 14 are the same. No modifications. I just got mine in and got it powder coated for $20 to match my tanks from Van.

Users who are viewing this thread