2013 / 2014 A6 Tuning?

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
Thinking about getting back in to 5.0. If I do, it will be my 6th Coyote and will be looking at an A6 this time. I've had three MT82's and two A6's in the past. I would get another MT82 but they are just a crap shoot IMHO, either they shift like butter or they're notchy as crap. Yes I know there are things that can be installed to "reduce" the notchiness. Either way, I'm not playing that game again....

My last auto was a '13 that I had about a 1 1/2 years ago. Back then there were a few bugs with the A6 tuning in regards to the shifting. At times it couldn't make up its mind what gear it wanted to be in when it came to partial throttle, some times it would kick down 2 gears or sometimes 3 during the same WOT conditions. I won't get in to details on who my tune was with at that time because I feel it's irrelevant, but I will say I wasn't Bama.

I would like to ask if any 13/14 A6 owners could comment on how they are liking their tune and who they are tuned by. Drivability, performance, and a short list of current mods you have.

Thanks in advance!!

-Nick

hitmix300

Established Member
I have a 13 A6 tuned by Lund jr. At first it wasn't the greatest like you mentioned. Then I received a new revision later on that is pretty solid. Before there was hesitation on downshifts if I mashed it. Kinda like stock. Now it drops right to the correct gear and boogies. Sometimes it screws up but not often. With a converter and A6 is pretty cool. All I have right now is a converter, cai and no cats.

bmoney50

Established Member
2012 A6 mods in sig...AED tuned and it is flawless shifting. I have 2 different street tunes...One shifts like stock the other is more aggressive. Then a race tune. Shaun has the automatic tunes down with and without aftermarket converter.

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
2012 A6 mods in sig...AED tuned and it is flawless shifting. I have 2 different street tunes...One shifts like stock the other is more aggressive. Then a race tune. Shaun has the automatic tunes down with and without aftermarket converter.

Thanks for the post but I'm looking to hear some recent reviews/opinions from 13-14 A6 owners, since the tuning is a little different for those compared to the 11-12 A6 tuning.

-Nick

Last edited:

wickedsvt2002

Established Member
I have my 13 tuned by Mike Rousch. Love the tune, Mike is great to deal with and is quick to respond to emails and calls. He'll get the tune spot on.

bmoney50

Established Member
Mike does a good job...he is trying to figure out a 2-1 downshift issue I have with on his tune (no issue on AED tune) but Mike has a 14 I believe.

Last edited:

5.0 Silverback

Established Member
Thinking about getting back in to 5.0. If I do, it will be my 6th Coyote and will be looking at an A6 this time. I've had three MT82's and two A6's in the past. I would get another MT82 but they are just a crap shoot IMHO, either they shift like butter or they're notchy as crap. Yes I know there are things that can be installed to "reduce" the notchiness. Either way, I'm not playing that game again....

My last auto was a '13 that I had about a 1 1/2 years ago. Back then there were a few bugs with the A6 tuning in regards to the shifting. At times it couldn't make up its mind what gear it wanted to be in when it came to partial throttle, some times it would kick down 2 gears or sometimes 3 during the same WOT conditions. I won't get in to details on who my tune was with at that time because I feel it's irrelevant, but I will say I wasn't Bama.

I would like to ask if any 13/14 A6 owners could comment on how they are liking their tune and who they are tuned by. Drivability, performance, and a short list of current mods you have.

Thanks in advance!!

-Nick

14 A6 here personally dyno Tuned by Shaun @ AED. My car shifts smoother than stock. Revs way higher. Pulls harder through all RPM ranges. It simply is a night and day difference vs. what it was stock. I also hear great things about Mike Rousch for the automatics. I think you will be happy with either tuner even if I am partial to AED. But I would say stick to one of those two for optimal results and safety.

Users who are viewing this thread