2013-14 Heat Exchanger Question.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I was looking at a used 2013-14 OEM SC heat exchanger and had some questions concerning the upper brackets and wiring harness hooks.

Are the upper brackets suppose to be bent at a 90 degree angle?
Do the hooks on top of the brackets bend over or are they straight up?

Here are a couple of pictures of the used heat exchanger and the upper brackets are bent at 83 & 85 degrees and the hooks are bent back. I think something bent them over and just wanted to get verification.

Drivers Side

P6232105_zps2cyltt5o.gif

Passenger Side

P6232099_zpshqzvzdax.gif

Front of Heat Exchanger - The lower drivers side bracket is also bent.

P6232065_zpsz6x0wwek.gif

Last edited:

Bytor

Established Member
Mine pictured is about as perfect as Ford made it. I took this off myself at 1k miles and replaced it with a CR so this one hasn't been dinged around. Hopefully this picture shows enough to compare.

HE14_zpsglthqqad.gif

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Mine pictured is about as perfect as Ford made it. I took this off myself at 1k miles and replaced it with a CR so this one hasn't been dinged around. Hopefully this picture shows enough to compare.

HE14_zpsglthqqad.gif

No pics, but my takeoff is almost identical.

Snoopy49

Established Member
It looks like the brackets in my pictures are bent at slightly tighter angle than both of yours. Is that the way you guys see it? Only the hooks and the lower drivers side bracket need to be straightened out?

HE%20Brackets_zpstogg1nhi.gif

Last edited:

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Probably production tolerances, nothing a pair of pliers can't fix if it comes down to it.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I am just trying to confirm the original angle of the brackets. If they are suppose to be 90 degrees, then I know what I have to do to correct it. Unfortunately, with the HE installed in my car, the mounting brackets are hidden and it would be difficult to determine the angle.

It looks like the hooks are actually hangers used to hold the HE in place until you can secure it with nuts and bolts.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Thanks Kurt,
It looks like the brackets should be 90°. Hopefully I won't tweak the frame when I try to straighten the brackets.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I just straightened out the brackets and it was a no sweat thing. I clamped the short leg of the bracket in a soft smooth jaw vise and used the HE as a lever. Luckily the brackets are mild steel so it took very little force to straighten them out.
Thanks for all the help guys, I was worried about nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread