2013-14 adjustable vs non-adjustable struts/shocks

TurboX2

Established Member
Hello,
I currently have the standard non-adjustable 2013 GT500 struts and shocks in my 2011 5.0, just switched from Koni STR.T because the Koni's were too harsh with family on board. I'm seriously considering the adjustable dampers and have a control circuit worked out, my concern is about ride quality in the Comfort setting. Does anyone have time in both the standard and adjustable versions to compare ride quality? I'm hoping the Comfort setting isn't stiffer than the normal non-adjustable dampers, any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks. :rockon:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
That is going to be a function of the damper/spring combination. I can say with confidence that the '13/'14 GT500 Bilstein DampTronics in concert with the FRPP 5300-L springs provides a very comfortable ride when the damper is in comfort mode. I disagree with anyone that states that they can't tell the difference between the two modes. I constantly switch back and forth to test the ride quality over a variety of differing road surfaces and notice the difference immediately. On the street, my choice would clearly be comfort mode. If I start off in Sport mode I realize it via NVH feedback as soon as I hit an expansion joint.

Short version - if you can get a custom control box worked out, these dampers absolutely offer utility in their Jekyl/Hyde capability. They are definitely a step above non-adjustable dampers that have typically appropriate damping/spring rates.

Users who are viewing this thread