beaner

wee-man
Established Member
0.18 per day
Trader Rating: (4) 2012boss f/s

Last edited:

Loosescrews

Established Member
The tune completely voids the warranty if they determine that a possible issue was caused by the tune, correct? Just how flexible on the OBO are you?

beaner

wee-man
Established Member
boss003.jpg

boss001.jpg

boss004.jpg

boss005.jpg

Last edited:

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
The tune completely voids the warranty if they determine that a possible issue was caused by the tune, correct? Just how flexible on the OBO are you?

the tune is just a plug and swap. any prob just put stock tune in and all good, nothing perminet. the stock tune also has the trackey allready installed too.

Just a heads up to anyone that wants correct info.. This is NOT true.

A flag sets in the ecu that you cant erase and counts key cycles after each flash.. so if you just "any prob just put the stock tune in and all good" .. all is not good. Take it from someone who dealt with this directly.. even with no tune on the car and the flag just set, they will most likely tell you to pound salt..

Beautiful car

Last edited:

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
thanks for the info, but my ford dealer did a check before and after and they said no prob. not saying your wrong just what i have done. maybe its more on your relation ship with dealer on weather they want to help you or not or dig and find anything they can not to help you (in general). my dad also has a boss and was advised by the service manager to get a aftermarket tune cause he drives like a grandpa and keeps getting the skip shift lol , and they still told him no problems with the warr. again i am not a ford tech just what i have been threw my self

Well if theres no problem with the car, I am sure they don't really care.. especially if you know them personally. If there IS a problem with the car, if order for them to get paid from ford to do work, they have to follow specific protocol which includes sending mode6/9 data from the ECU to ford corporate who makes all decisions on warranty coverage for new mustangs with the whole #8 thing.. I am sure with a boss, you're not going to have a problem but thats just how it works based on experience (and having my engine warranty voided when the car was stock and the dealership tried to help me) skip shift is pretty annoying lol

Bump for a gorgeous car

Users who are viewing this thread