2012 Vortech 5.0 vs 2.9 Whipple Terminator

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
My first attempt at making a video lol

Sorry for the low quality, I wanted to upload it quickly so I compressed the video.

This is the same mustang that raced the ZL1 aka "GT500slayer".

The 5.0 obviously had traction in this video, and this is how it rolls out...

bmxtom
2012 5.0
Built motor
Boss heads
Vortech @ 10 psi?
Darkstars with Hoosiers
6spd

VladSVT
03 Cobra
built 281ci
2.9 whipple @ 20psi
4r70w Auto built
Built 8.8 SRA
15s Welds with Mickeys

[youtube_browser]06vHJIfKSdY[/youtube_browser]
2012 Vortech Mustang GT VS 2003 Cobra 2.9 Whipple Auto - YouTube

Last edited:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Great run, looks like the centri would have inched ahead if you guys went any faster but 140mph on the street is plenty fast enough.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Isnt that the 5.0 that got it's teeth kicked in by the ZL1?

**Edit** Oops, should have read the OP first before posting..

Last edited:

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
Isnt that the 5.0 that got it's teeth kicked in by the ZL1?

**Edit** Oops, should have read the OP first before posting..

I wouldn't say teeth kicked in is a fair statement. Do you not remember the last race in the vid? Once he had traction the race was a lot closer. :lol1:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I wouldn't say teeth kicked in is a fair statement. Do you not remember the last race in the vid? Once he had traction the race was a lot closer. :lol1:

Once he had traction? Thats a funny excuse... Even funnier when the 5.0 was on 15s with slicks and the ZL was on 20s with radials. I guess since we are gonna pull excuses we might as well mention how on the last race the ZL stock blower was too hot and causing the ECU to pull timming.

I dont know about you but I saw the 3 first races where the 5.0 got pummeled and amtraked with no mercy and the 4th race where they were a close race. I call that getting teeth kicked in. :thumbsup:

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
I am on e85, and the 5.0 is on pump gas (maybe meth? idk)

Obviously the 5.0 moves out, but on that day when the Zl1 and the 5.0 ran it lost. The 5.0s suspension was out of whack and he just blew the tires off.

And rematch is coming soon between them, I'm hopefully also running the ZL1

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
^^^ So true, its funny how the excuses fly. That 5.0 got Rocked by that ZL1

Awesome car thoough, It happens

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I am on e85, and the 5.0 is on pump gas (maybe meth? idk)

Obviously the 5.0 moves out, but on that day when the Zl1 and the 5.0 ran it lost. The 5.0s suspension was out of whack and he just blew the tires off.

And rematch is coming soon between them, I'm hopefully also running the ZL1

I was hoping that you would do a little better on this video. I think you should have put at least a good solid car on the 5.0. Did you have any issues?

Cant wait for those races.

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
I was hoping that you would do a little better on this video. I think you should have put at least a good solid car on the 5.0. Did you have any issues?

Cant wait for those races.

No issues with my car. The cars are pretty evenly matched IMO. The 5.0 makes low 700s and I made low 700 on 6spd. I never dyno'd on the auto swap, but I'm guessing mid 600s is what I probably make. So in theory, the cars are identical besides me having an auto, and you can see that in the video even though he shifts pretty damn good I still pulled away at first due to the auto. Then he evens out at the end

04sneaky_snake

Established Member
Once he had traction? Thats a funny excuse... Even funnier when the 5.0 was on 15s with slicks and the ZL was on 20s with radials. I guess since we are gonna pull excuses we might as well mention how on the last race the ZL stock blower was too hot and causing the ECU to pull timming.

I dont know about you but I saw the 3 first races where the 5.0 got pummeled and amtraked with no mercy and the 4th race where they were a close race. I call that getting teeth kicked in. :thumbsup:

I find this ironic in so many levels.

Keep dreaming. Pretty sure the 5.0 being able to break lose with 15s shows the difference in power and weight between it and the ZL1. Not to mention the ZL1 is already known for being a jokester when it comes to his wins. :lol:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
No issues with my car. The cars are pretty evenly matched IMO. The 5.0 makes low 700s and I made low 700 on 6spd. I never dyno'd on the auto swap, but I'm guessing mid 600s is what I probably make. So in theory, the cars are identical besides me having an auto, and you can see that in the video even though he shifts pretty damn good I still pulled away at first due to the auto. Then he evens out at the end

Cool man. Keep the vids comming.

I find this ironic in so many levels.

Keep dreaming. Pretty sure the 5.0 being able to break lose with 15s shows the difference in power and weight between it and the ZL1. Not to mention the ZL1 is already known for being a jokester when it comes to his wins. :lol:

Please point out the irony.

I am not dreaming, you are butter-cup. The video shows how the 5.0 got its shit pushed in on that day, no ifs or buts about it. No matter how much the fanboys want to pretend it didnt happen, fact is it did. No amount of excuses will take away that ass whooping.

[youtube_browser]zLHtxRzu6KQ[/youtube_browser]

Now, does that mean that the 5.0 wont be able to win later on? Of course not.

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
ZYBORG = One of the most annoying oxygen thieves trolling the forums. Please STFU and kill yourself, thanks.

Im always glad to irritate wrinkly penes such as yourself.

gif-2-thumbs-up.gif

stang8psi

Established Member
still never understood why this 5.0 has a built motor, heads, and only 10psi??? Kinda weaksauce!

19935.slow

Established Member
still never understood why this 5.0 has a built motor, heads, and only 10psi??? Kinda weaksauce!

I'm going to assume it would make more psi with the same combo on a stock engine. Things change with heads, intercooler, longtubes, and internals.

Users who are viewing this thread