2012 steering adjustability in a 2011 ???

r.barn

Established Member
Anyone been able to reflash a 2011 computer with a 2012 program to gain the steering adjustability feature ? Have a request into my dealer to see what they can find out, but they're being slow in getting back to me

Is this doable ? :shrug:

r.barn

Established Member
so there for the vin will not accept the reflash or module program.

I do have the dealer checking on whether this can be worked around or not. since it is just a programming reflash I would think a dealer should be able to to do it somehow ..........

01bluesnake

Established Member
I do have the dealer checking on whether this can be worked around or not. since it is just a programming reflash I would think a dealer should be able to to do it somehow ..........

Lol, I'm a Senior Ford tech from a dealer, there's only so much we have control over. Ford engineering will be the only ones who could actually produce a strategy to do this, assuming they change this for the cluster and steering rack module. You will have a conflict in module programming if you try to program a different year vin into the car and run into numerous problems between pats system, cluster and pcm due to the strategy codes and vin differences.

r.barn

Established Member
Lol, I'm a Senior Ford tech from a dealer, there's only so much we have control over. Ford engineering will be the only ones who could actually produce a strategy to do this, assuming they change this for the cluster and steering rack module. You will have a conflict in module programming if you try to program a different year vin into the car and run into numerous problems between pats system, cluster and pcm due to the strategy codes and vin differences.

poop :(

thanks

01bluesnake

Established Member
poop :(

thanks

Your welcome. The problem with newer cars is everything has to communicate through coding and know how to talk to the other modules as well as recognize them. Introducing a module or program they aren't programmed to talk with will cause them to not communicate, cause issues or lock up. The only way to actually do this correct, would be like i noted earlier with Ford engineering adding the coding and strategy. I've been able to manipulate older cars to work with other modules as they weren't as smart you could say but every year that passes they get more complicated and specific.

r.barn

Established Member
Can Bus system ?

Guess there is a snowballs chance in hell that Ford would ever write an update program for the 2011's uh ?

halfscale2130

Established Member
put your foot on the brake and double tap the traction control button. This puts the vehicle in a 'sport mode' and it should also tighten up the steering a little bit when doing so.

01bluesnake

Established Member
put your foot on the brake and double tap the traction control button. This puts the vehicle in a 'sport mode' and it should also tighten up the steering a little bit when doing so.
Yep, same function the '12 does. With advance track off, it automatically puts the steering into firm and actually locks it into it unless turned back on. For normal driving, the firm setting can actually get annoying after extended driving. I drive city and highway to get to work and just leave it in normal unless I expect to play on the highway, then everything gets turned off and firm is on regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread