2012 RS1 Dyno #'s

cliff724

Established Member
For any of you experienced guys out there. I just had my 2012 Roush Stage 1 on the dyno and I was a little disappointed with the numbers. 361 rwhp / 329 rwtq on a 4th gear pull at 2500-6800 rpm on a PowerDyne Mustang dyno. No exhaust, no intake...completely stock. The numbers just seem low to me. Anybody else think the numbers are low too or am I just wishful thinking...lol

PC03GT

Established Member
11 and up 5.0s need to be dynoed in 5th gear, that's probably why your numbers are low

AMWill

For any of you experienced guys out there. I just had my 2012 Roush Stage 1 on the dyno and I was a little disappointed with the numbers. 361 rwhp / 329 rwtq on a 4th gear pull at 2500-6800 rpm on a PowerDyne Mustang dyno. No exhaust, no intake...completely stock. The numbers just seem low to me. Anybody else think the numbers are low too or am I just wishful thinking...lol

11 and up 5.0s need to be dynoed in 5th gear, that's probably why your numbers are low

Hey Cliff,

PC is correct. You want to dyno the car as close as you can get to the 1-1. In the 2011+ Mustang, that is fifth gear!

You should definitely make up for the few horses you are missing making a pull in fifth!

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!

-Will

AMWill

Thanks Will...I really appreciate your input. But what does 1-1 mean?...lol

Transmission ratio for the gear. 5th gear on the MT-82 is 1:1. It is the "most accurate" power output

Cliff,

Speed answered your question perfectly! It is simply due to gearing within the transmission and the optimum ratio to judge the power level.

Hope this helps!

-Will

Users who are viewing this thread