2012 Mustang GT vs STI

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
I've had my car about a month and hadn't had a chance to race anything with it yet. I've just done some solo pulls with my Pbox to get some baseline numbers though.

It is still bone stock, but I've got my lethal h-pipe sitting in my garage waiting to be installed as soon as my tune shows up (hopefully next week!).

Anyway coming home after a little cruise an STI starts shadowing me. At first there was traffic and just not a good spot so I wasn't game. We end up at a light side-by-side in a mediocre location but no way I'm racing from a dig, for one, I hate launching my cars. Two he is awd and I am not on a street where I can make it up before needing to shutdown.

Anyway he launches the shit out of it and runs off... I was hoping he'd slow down so we could roll and he did!

I roll up in 2nd at around 40ish I hear him downshift it, no honks I figured I'd wait for him to go. He revs it and drops the hammer and I follow. I immediately start walking ahead. After my shift to third its over as I really start walking, I couldn't really tell how much I'd put on him before he shutdown but once I saw he shutdown I did as well at around 90 and he was way back by then.

I slowed down so he could catch up to say nice run. His passenger said it was stock but it at least had exhaust because no way they are that loud stock. I thought they were 275hp but they told me it was 305hp.

Had some nice adrenaline afterward, been a while since I had a run so was fun despite being short.

I can't wait to get my h-pipe and tune on my car, I'm going to do some more Pbox pulls to see just what those mods really mean in real world performance!

:rockon:

Mach Boy

Established Member
Nice kill. Every day I have to walk outside and see a blue STi that will hand me a beating pretty bad (mid 400 awhp). You never know what you'll run into with those turbo 4 cylinders.

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
Had the location been a little better, maybe I would have gone from a dig :thumbsup:

But I really hate launching, much easier to roll it off!

Users who are viewing this thread