2012 Mustang GT, in car 1/4 mile pass

SCalla1384

Established Member
What mods and tires? What did it run? Seemed like a good pass, launch sounded like it bogged pretty good. But good shifting!

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Damn... how much weight did you take out of that thing? Lol

Seemed like a good pass. What are the mods and what did it run?

Elwood617

Established Member
sounds mean, looks like it was a strong pass

Completely gutted it eh? What mods?

I still have ac and heat, it's my dd :)

What mods and tires? What did it run? Seemed like a good pass, launch sounded like it bogged pretty good. But good shifting!

Yeah, it bogged :(
I've been having trouble with the launch, I was to slow on the throttle. It was a step in the right direction though. And that made me happy :)

Damn... how much weight did you take out of that thing? Lol

Seemed like a good pass. What are the mods and what did it run?

It was better than I had been doing for the last couple of track days, just got to keep working on my translation on to the gas :)

Car sounds good....good driving. But that gutted interior makes me cry.

Yeah, it's not for everyone. It's a work in progress. My car will be pretty spartan when I'm through.

Nice run. How much weight did you yank out?

I'm running 275/80 15 MT ETStreet radials. I got a good deal on them, and they have been good to learn on, they are not forgiving of my mistakes. But, they are holding me back and I'm thinking about getting Hoosier QTP 11.5x70 15 next. I'm kinda wrestling over going to 60 vs 70, I should have enough gear to stay in fourth if I go to a 60 profile tire.
Anyway, the race weight, without me, is right around 3180.
Boss IM, Steeda cai, pcv routed to exhaust, Lethal o/r x, cherry bombs to dumps.
CHE k-member brace with race torque limiters, axle tubes welded, UPR axle tube braces, BMR relocation brackets, L&M adjustable LCA's, FRPP girdle, 3.73, MGW shifter

Elwood617

Established Member
Continue mods (got interrupted): WOT box set at 50ms, cobra jet springs, sway bars removed. I've been twisting up on launches, so I'm going back to the pan-hard bar and rear sway bar. I'll see how that does, and go from there.

nosscort

Established Member
Your track let's you run in shorts??? Craazy.. also you never mentioned what it ran and what were the short times ?? I still think your nuts dd a rattle can stripped metal death box Lol...and what size tire??

Last edited:

Elwood617

Established Member
Your track let's you run in shorts??? Craazy.. also you never mentioned what it ran and what were the short times ?? I still think your nuts dd a rattle can stripped metal death box Lol...and what size tire??

How is it a death box? And why is shorts dangerous? Look above for tire size :)

Last edited:

Elwood617

Established Member
Sorry, I was out playing with the kids :)
To continue: raptor shift, and tuned by P-51 performance.

That run was an 11.63 @ 120.3
60' 1.731, 93.33mph @ 1/8th.
Not a great run, but I'll take it. I'm getting my act together after trying to many new things. I had been running consistent 11.55 to 11.63's.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member

Our track let's us run in shorts too. At least until a fire suit is required.

nosscort

Established Member
Never heard of a track letting people run in shorts.. from englishtown down to Darlington in summer or fall they all required pants.. the death box was from nothing to stop the metal if you get hit from impaling you or cutting you.. the plastics although plastic help absorb some impact

Elwood617

Established Member
Never heard of a track letting people run in shorts.. from englishtown down to Darlington in summer or fall they all required pants.. the death box was from nothing to stop the metal if you get hit from impaling you or cutting you.. the plastics although plastic help absorb some impact

What ever, it's not a death trap. The plastic is not there for shrapnel protection. If I get into an accident, the car isn't going to get shredded to pieces and impale me...
I've raced at MIR, Fayetteville, and my local track. All of them in shorts. As long as your not going fast enough to require fire retardant gear, it doesn't matter.

Users who are viewing this thread