2012 Mustang GT CS vs Challenger SRT8

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
I've seen this same challenger srt8 (6.1) several times on the way to work but never was there an opportunity to do any comparative driving. Finally this morning I spot it turning left onto the highway I'm on so I slow down to allow him to catch up.

He catches me and drives on by, there is a nice mile or so of open highway no cars in sight, finally!

I noticed as he went by he had a female passenger this morning so I'm thinking it might not be in the cards today either to do any acceleration research.

Never the less I downshift into the appropriate gear catch up and pace him long enough for him to look over. He gives a little grin and off he goes!

I let him have the hit but once I floor it I immediately start walking away. I started at 4k(~70) in 4th gear and by the top of 4th (~118) I had put at least 3 cars on him and could tell he'd let off so I did as well.

We gave each other thumbs up and continued our commutes.

I wish we could have gone from a lower roll because I put 3 cars on him just using the last 3k rpms of 4th gear, if I'd gone through 2 gears it would have been even worse.

I'm pretty sure it was an auto and he did have a ~120lb passenger but I was pretty happy with the result.

I've got 3.55s and tune + o/r h pipe.

The SRT8 Challengers are really nice looking, shame they weigh over 4k lbs!

Can't wait to come across an SS or M3...

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Good Kill, you will have a slight edge in a drivers race against the SS, not sure about the M3.

Good kill!!!

His car will have more than a slight edge on a new SS unless it has mods!! The new SS's don't impress me much for having 400 HP (auto) or 426 HP (manual)!

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
I'm pretty sure I'll walk an SS as well. Not as much but from 40-120 I imagine at least 3 cars probably more.

I did some more GPS logging this morning and my best 60-120 is now a 9.0, from test numbers of the SS the 60-120 (can't find as much 60-130 data) is around 10.5. So if the SS is stock he will be hurting.

An M3 will be closer but I'm still confident I'll pull one, and if I can't I still want to try :banana:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Good kill and wow gears are extremely short compared to mine. That's pretty much my 3rd gear, 4K at around 75 to redline close to 120.

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
Just did a little digging, the corvette grand sport does 60-120 in 8.9, compared to my 9.0 I'm feeling pretty good about that!

And that is just an o/r h pipe and tune!

cmsnake

Established Member
Nice kill. You'll pull an M3 fairly easy. I pulled half a car on a new one in my stock auto about a month ago.

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
I'm pretty confident I could walk an m3. I've seen a few around my area but never with an opportunity to run one.

The ultimate driving machine... there slogan should be the mediocre status symbol.

Users who are viewing this thread