2012 Mustang GT-3.73-6-Speed

JC_SapphireBlue_GT

Established Member
Okay not sure where to post this, just a quick question and maybe a small discussion on the topic.

I plan on going to the drag strip this friday and seeing what me and the car are capable of. As stated up top is a 3.73-6 speed-brembo car that is bone stock down to the paper filter.

I know i will be very very close to crossing the line in 4th gear, but not sure if i should eat the time and shift to 5th.

What has yeilded better results for you guys with my setup.

stock tires as well 255/40/19 pirellis on the east coast (cecil county dragway)

Thanks

ViciousJay

Established Member
Okay not sure where to post this, just a quick question and maybe a small discussion on the topic.

I plan on going to the drag strip this friday and seeing what me and the car are capable of. As stated up top is a 3.73-6 speed-brembo car that is bone stock down to the paper filter.

I know i will be very very close to crossing the line in 4th gear, but not sure if i should eat the time and shift to 5th.

What has yeilded better results for you guys with my setup.

stock tires as well 255/40/19 pirellis on the east coast (cecil county dragway)

Thanks

stretch it out in 4th as far as you can go, these cars can hit a litle over 7K stock so i say push it

Ill_W1N

Established Member
mine bone stock with the 3.73's ran a 13.1 at 107 my first time at the track, but that was a 2.3 60' and running out of 4th at the end. My 4th hit the shift light and it didnt feel like it had full power the last 50ft or so. you'll be right at the end of 4th at the finish with a decent launch.I only got 3 passes my first time so Im anxious to go again to hit 12's. I never shifted into 5th on my passes. That was with sport trac on too, I never fully disengaged tc until my last pass and I got sideways in 2nd so i shut it down and coasted. good luck!

Last edited:

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Our car was the same when stock (3.73, manual, Brembo's), and I had to use 5th otherwise it would hit the soft limiter in 4th. This was the first and only night we ran the car bone stock, best of 12.7@109 out of 3 passes.

[youtube_browser]2LauX4nD_C8[/youtube_browser]

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
You are asking me info from nearly 2 years ago lol. I do know it was warm and I didn't touch the tire pressure. I don't remember launch RPM at all, but that's going to be for you to figure out as that all depends on track prep. I also did not lift during shifts, power shifting is the only way to go :coolman:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread