2012 *Must Do* events?

JohnW#88

Established Member
Already planning for 2012.

Have plenty of free time since no w-2-w racing next year, so....

What are the can't miss events in the NE, Mid-Atlantic and Mid-west?

I plan on doing the Ford's at Carlisle and the R Reunion at the Glen. But, both are in June.

I did notice another a vintage weekend with Fords at WG in September.

2012 Race Schedule

What else?

Last edited:

JohnW#88

Established Member
Funny this tread came up today.

I emailed Bob Harrington (SVRA) this morning about the June WG SVRA (R reunion) event.

I'm not going to make it to VIR. It's my favorite track and all but, the timing is bad with Carlisle and WG. Plus, all that VIR sand in my R would send me over the edge. :p

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I emailed Bob Harrington (SVRA) this morning about the June WG SVRA (R reunion) event.
Bob? He must be with SAAC? :shrug:

Here are the SVRA contacts:
Contacts

My plan is flexible, but here it is:
The Mitty @ Road Atlanta (April 26-29)
SVRA/SAAC @ The Glen (June 7-10) with a Cobra R street car
The HSR Historics @ Road Atlanta (Sept. 13-16)
HSR Savannah (Oct. 25-28)
HSR Daytona (Nov. 8-11)

I am trying to avoid any racing event where the Full Tilt Boogie car is entered. :shrug:

BruceRAa-1.gif

:-D

JohnW#88

Established Member
Yep, thanks!

http://www.svra.com/SVRA/SVRAHome.nsf/attachmentweb/SVRA-8LXPPA/$file/SVRA+to+host+SAAC's+37th+Convention+at+WGI.pdf?OpenElement

Email: [email protected]
SVRA TO HOST SAAC'S 37TH CONVENTION AT
Watkins Glen International
Hanover, NH, September 22, 2011: Today SVRA announced it will be
hosting SAAC's 37th convention at Watkins Glen International
June 7-10 2012. This is the 50th Anniversary of the Cobra so the
turnout is expected to be huge. As well as the Cobras, there will be a
great turnout of GT40s, GT 350s and other memorable Shelby cars.
This is still an SVRA weekend with all of the great races you have come
to expect. This promises to be a great weekend, a chance to race on one
of North America's most historic tracks, share the enthusiasm of the
SAAC members and view some great cars in the concourse.
SAAC anticipates 2500 members attending their convention, so hotel
space is going to be at a premium. If you plan on entering, make your
hotel reservations early so you don't miss out!

Last edited:

JoeJ

Established Member
Dean, You should come on down to Jeff Lacina's Track Guys Sebring event the same weekend instead of going to the SCMC event at VIR. Wayne Manor, and a bunch of other guys from Texas will be there. There will be 3 Boss302S cars and bunch of really fast cars from Texas.

SDW Racing

Established Member
Just a cautionary note for anyone going to the SAAC convention at The Glen this year, The Crankoids have taken most of the rooms at The Seneca Lodge.

...so please be careful when approaching any of them, they may bite.

DOS_EQUIS_CRANKOID.jpg

Last edited:

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Dean, You should come on down to Jeff Lacina's Track Guys Sebring event the same weekend instead of going to the SCMC event at VIR. Wayne Manor, and a bunch of other guys from Texas will be there. There will be 3 Boss302S cars and bunch of really fast cars from Texas.

I would love to but probably not this year. I will probably be instructing again at VIR so you can't beat the price. ;-) Also, you already handed my ass to me at VIR in your S, why would I want it done 3 times at Sebring? ;-)

Let me know your schedule at TWS this year and I'll see if I can't make one of those events. It's only about 19 hours so it is very doable! :beer:

Last edited:

JoeJ

Established Member
Dean,

Jeff Lacina's Track Guys will have an event at TWS on March 31 - April 1. It will be a great event. You should sign up to be an instructor and come on down. Following is the web site to sign up: Track Guys > Upcoming Events - MotorsportReg.com. There will be a bunch of Boss302 Mustangs and Shelby Mustangs there. It is also open to all makes of cars. Love to play with the Z06 Corvettes. If you have not driven TWS, you are in for a real rush as it is really fast.

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Dean,

Jeff Lacina's Track Guys will have an event at TWS on March 31 - April 1. It will be a great event. You should sign up to be an instructor and come on down. Following is the web site to sign up: Track Guys > Upcoming Events - MotorsportReg.com. There will be a bunch of Boss302 Mustangs and Shelby Mustangs there. It is also open to all makes of cars. Love to play with the Z06 Corvettes. If you have not driven TWS, you are in for a real rush as it is really fast.

Yeah, I was looking into this event until I saw the date. That week is our kids spring break and I'm taking the family on a vacation.

It will work out sooner or later. Hopefully sooner!

flattrack53

Established Member
This year at Carlisle....They are having a Thunderbolt reunion, SSP, possibly some Cobra R's... Taking 3 cars their is going to be a pain.

gfcobra04

Established Member
Premium Member
Dean,

Hey Joe,
Don’t forget about us Cobra R guys too.

If you want to make it a 3-day weekend TWS Motorsport club Texas World Speedway has an open track day Friday March 30. You can either do a full day or half day. The track is hot for 50 minutes at a time from 8 am to 5 pm. You will be able to sign up about 3-weeks before the event at ClubRegistration.net.
Gary.

JoeJ

Established Member
Gary,

LOL..I would never forget about the CobraR guys. My CobraR still remains dear to my heart. Looking forward to seeing you there.

gfcobra04

Established Member
Premium Member
I know Joe, just had to razz you a little. I can't wait to get out there & try to chase you around the track.
Gary.

Users who are viewing this thread