2012 Mayan doomsday theory

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
Another end of the world scenario based on the end of the Mayan calendar and claimed to be co-prophesied by the likes of Nostradamus, Mother Shipton, the Web-bot Project, the Oracle at Delphi, Sibyl, yada yada yada...

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
I wish the mayans we're still around, so I could go post an "owned" picture on their forum on 1/1/13.

+1

I was actually slightly disappointed about the millenium end of the world scare... as far as i heard, next to nothing extremely significant happened haha.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
There are so many dooms day theories, if you live your life thinking of them, you'll never enjoy your days you have. I true dooms day example was my grandma, who died of cancer a while back, we all knew she had a couple years left before she died...............now that is a true dooms day. Everything else is just speculation.

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
Oh my God, an ancient civilzation that didn't even have running water is going to predict the end of the world.

I'm terrified. :bored:

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
I know, I'll predict the end of the world waaay after I die. So if I'm right, people will be amazed. But if I'm wrong, I wont have to live through the ridicule.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
The Mayan Calender is very interesting, and to say that they did not even have running water is just silly. Their civilization is thought to have began around 2600 B.C. They existed in their Golden age around 300-900 AD. This is their Golden Age, or classical age because this was the time in which their civilization Flourished and most of their Temples and Pyramids were constructed. Their calender is far more accurate than our own, and is only off by one day every 6,000 years. Their calender is 144,000 days long and begins around August 11th, 3,114 B.C or day "zero". It ends on December 21st, 2012. There are a lot of interesting things that the calender brings to light as well along the way. One huge theory that I personally see as being a large possibility is the beginning of a polar shift. This is where the earth's magnetic North and south switch places. The action is thought to take about 5,000-10,000 years to complete once it is started, but some scientist think that it may be a lot quicker than that. Maybe as quick as a few months. It is also known that this happens on the average of every 150,000-250,000 years in theory. Some scientists attribute this to many mass extinctions over the life of the earth. During this time we will lose all or most of our magnetic field for a time and the planet will be bombarded with galactic and solar radiation. Pretty bad shit, I know. It is also accepted that the earth's magnetic field has been in a state of decline for the past 150 years, and has lost 10% of it's polarity value since about 1850 A.D. Also of note, Scientist believe that we are long overdue for one of these polar shifts, and it appears as though one has already began. From what I can tell once it starts it progressively moves quicker and quicker. The 10% loss in field effectiveness could also explain a lot of the "Global Warming" that we have been seeing lately.

-Jeff

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Rken said:
its called the Baktun 12. they have been pretty accurate thus far.

Yep, and after the last day of Bakton 12, Bakton 13 starts. This is why I believe that it is more of a reset in the planetary field, or even more likely just the day that they Maya civilization decided to start the calender over again.

-Jeff

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
here is a image for the Baktun 12

13baktun_wave_harmonic.jpg

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
The anointed one field and the transformation of Matter morphogenetic field always give me goosbumps.

juzlookzfazt

Established Member
I read, and watched a few things about that a couple years ago on the History channel. The accurate events they described gave me goosebumps as well. Most, if not all, make references to 2012 as dooms day.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Never mind, I figured it out. That is some truly creepy stuff. So all the names of the Baktuns were determined when the calender was created, including "Baktun of the Anointed One"? :uh oh:

Users who are viewing this thread