2012 gt500 suspension question

KKOSH

Established Member
I am looking at a 2012 GT500 coupe that appears to have Eibach springs on it (red sportline). The shocks are also red. Is that the color of the original shocks/struts? Not sure if they are aftermarket or original. Very stiff ride right now and was thinking about switching back to stock or something in between. Just not sure if the shocks were red out of the factory. Any input would help. Thanks!

NuclearPower

Established Member
Like stated above the red shocks are part of the SVTPP. Just replace the springs with the originals...BUT...you will lose the stance of the car. It will look like a 4X4 with all the gap at the fender wells. You will also need to adjust the panhard bar (assuming you have an adjustable since the car is lowered).

Van@RevanRacing

I am looking at a 2012 GT500 coupe that appears to have Eibach springs on it (red sportline). The shocks are also red. Is that the color of the original shocks/struts? Not sure if they are aftermarket or original. Very stiff ride right now and was thinking about switching back to stock or something in between. Just not sure if the shocks were red out of the factory. Any input would help. Thanks!

The problem is Eibach Sportline Springs. This is the worst spring you can put on these cars IMO. Eibach Pro Kit Springs are very good as are Ford Racing and BMR. The problem is you have what I would consider the worst spring possible for these cars. They are so bad I don't offer them on my website.

Give me a call if you have any questions regarding suspension set up. I've got a wee bit of experience with them. :lol1:

Van

03-246

Established Member
I have the Eibach Proline springs in my car with factory struts and FRPP adjustibble panhard bar. The progressive nature of the springs yields a far supperior ride then Ford factory springs...and the car sits real nice, with a 1" gap between tires and fenders. Sportline springs sit far too low and likley bottom out the suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread