2012 Gt500 S/C in a 2014 Gt??

RussianStang

Established Member
So a buddy of mine has a 2012 GT500 and he upgraded the supercharger, so now I'm pretty much getting his old supercharger for free.

Is it possible to make it work with the 2014 gt and what do i need to do to make it work. I only have the supercharger nothing else.

I posted this question in a different section but got no response, so im guessing this is the right place for it.

Stri8ed

Killer
Established Member
nope. To make it work, you would need a custom manifold made to fit the 5.4 blower to a 5.0 motor. I did it with a 4.6, but I don't believe there is a mianfold made to do it with the 5.0. You could check with Department of Boost and see if they are making a manifold for the 5.0.

Wildcard

Established Member
I'm not going to say no, it is just that you will have to make a manifold for it. But hp is never free so if you are ready to either fabricate it or pay someone then you can have the supercharger; however, it may be equal to buying a used kit or even close to a new supercharger kit that comes with warranty and tech support.

RussianStang

Established Member
I'm not going to say no, it is just that you will have to make a manifold for it. But hp is never free so if you are ready to either fabricate it or pay someone then you can have the supercharger; however, it may be equal to buying a used kit or even close to a new supercharger kit that comes with warranty and tech support.

And you might be right. Its pretty much all about being cost effective and having reliable power. (Cost effective my ass when it comes to hp)

Users who are viewing this thread