2012 gt500 question

svtsupersnake

Banned
Hey I was wondering since when I am reading dynos and other threads there seems to be a lot of confusion between mods and powers of the shelbys but if I put an x pipe the 123 mm jlt cai the steeda 2.8 pulley and a borla catback and an afco heat exchanger plus tune and maybe the L&M 72mm TB or maybe not if its not needed would this car have almost 550 at the wheels cuz on like americanmuscle stage3motorsports and lethal they say the cai in itself adds like 70 to 90 rwhp and a pulley adds like 60 or so that looks at around 140 maybe rwhp now not so sure about what mods do to this car so I'm asking would these few things be a enough to get the car to 550 rwhp

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hey I was wondering since when I am reading dynos and other threads there seems to be a lot of confusion between mods and powers of the shelbys but if I put an x pipe the 123 mm jlt cai the steeda 2.8 pulley and a borla catback and an afco heat exchanger plus tune and maybe the L&M 72mm TB or maybe not if its not needed would this car have almost 550 at the wheels cuz on like americanmuscle stage3motorsports and lethal they say the cai in itself adds like 70 to 90 rwhp and a pulley adds like 60 or so that looks at around 140 maybe rwhp now not so sure about what mods do to this car so I'm asking would these few things be a enough to get the car to 550 rwhp

A tune/pulley setup on a 2010-2012 is worth about 80-90rwhp. It will put you at the 535-550 rwhp range. There's no need to change the intake on the 10-12's unless you're going to make over 600+ rwhp. At that point you've probably stepped up to an aftermarket blower which would require the larger intake to prevent the MAF from pegging.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

svtsupersnake

Banned
ok thanks so if i did put the jlt intake on then the maf would peg? if i kept the stock eaton blower. also if i did want to get to 600 rwhp wouldi need to upgrade fuel pumps or injectors?

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
ok thanks so if i did put the jlt intake on then the maf would peg? if i kept the stock eaton blower. also if i did want to get to 600 rwhp wouldi need to upgrade fuel pumps or injectors?

The stock intake/MAF on a 2010-2012 is good until about 620-630rwhp. After that you'll need to upgrade to a larger, better flowing intake such as the JLT Big Air setup to prevent the MAF from pegging.

The stock injectors with the stock pumps are good until about 640rwhp. After that you'll want to upgrade to a larger injector such as the 72's.

Aftermarket fuel systems won't be needed unless you exceed the 720rwhp range.

Thanks, Jared

svtsupersnake

Banned
Thanks a lot also I am wondering do the x pipes make a big difference in sound or power cuz if hey don I will just put a borla axle back on it

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thanks a lot also I am wondering do the x pipes make a big difference in sound or power cuz if hey don I will just put a borla axle back on it

Going with an offroad x pipe will not only gain you about 15rwhp but it will definitely make a difference in the sound of the exhaust. If you're thinking about going with the offroad pipe you might as well try it with your stock mufflers before spending several hundred dollars on a different axleback setup. Who knows. You may enjoy the sound of the offroad x and stock mufflers so much that you keep it that way.

Jared

svtsupersnake

Banned
i cant go offroad i need to pass inspection i would go catted x pipe. So thats y I was debating whether i should just replace the whole catback or just get an axel back cuz idk if there would be much difference in me replacing the catback with a borla catback

gerbie28

Established Member
The stock intake/MAF on a 2010-2012 is good until about 620-630rwhp. After that you'll need to upgrade to a larger, better flowing intake such as the JLT Big Air setup to prevent the MAF from pegging.

The stock injectors with the stock pumps are good until about 640rwhp. After that you'll want to upgrade to a larger injector such as the 72's.

Thanks, Jared

Hey Jared i will be purchasing a vmp tvs in the near future , I have the resonator delete with a 65mm t-body would that be enough or would i need the jlt big air?? Gil

ZROTOWTF

Established Member

Thanks, Jared

Numbers are a little bit off. The 11+ is frequency based and can go much higher than 620-630rwhp (10 is a different story). My VMP TVS setup, everything else stock except blower/elbow/dyno tune made 654 and this is right around the range other vehicles have made with the same setup. When Justin @ VMP installed/tuned my car he told me I had plenty of room left on the MAF at my HP level. My fuel pump and injectors are at about 93% duty cycle at 654 so 640 is a little low. Up to about 660ish is a better threshold before going to bigger injectors. An alternative though is a BAP since it will give some more range but without the MPG decrease you will normally experience with larger injectors.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread