2012 GT500 Power Pack

KonaBlueSVT

Established Member
I was going to pull the trigger on buying a VMP power pack for my 2012 GT500 a few months ago. The kit included a pulley, larger idler, the custom tune as well as the tuner device. The kit was around $800. I had some other stuff come up and I was not able to. It now appears that they have discontinued this kit! What other options do I have to try and achieve this set up without breaking the bank?

They do still offer a kit with a CAI included, but I already have a JLT and they want $1400 for this kit.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I was going to pull the trigger on buying a VMP power pack for my 2012 GT500 a few months ago. The kit included a pulley, larger idler, the custom tune as well as the tuner device. The kit was around $800. I had some other stuff come up and I was not able to. It now appears that they have discontinued this kit! What other options do I have to try and achieve this set up without breaking the bank?

They do still offer a kit with a CAI included, but I already have a JLT and they want $1400 for this kit.

Buy the parts separately, the classifieds here are a really good place to either post a WTB ad or search the for sale ads.

Pretty sure if you call VMP, they have the parts individually and may give you a discount

What state are you in? Pass on the "custom tune" from the "kit" Nothing custom about it. Only way you get a custom tune and THE RIGHT tune for your car is by actually getting a tune, not a canned mail order tune
@1 Alibi 2

I would try to do a few more things right away. Remember each time you add certain parts, you will need a retune. That will cost you another $200-$400 if you decided you wanted to just add a throttle body

Last edited:

robvas

Established Member
Call VMP and ask if they can put something together

KonaBlueSVT

Established Member
Buy the parts separately, the classifieds here are a really good place to either post a WTB ad or search the for sale ads.

Pretty sure if you call VMP, they have the parts individually and may give you a discount

What state are you in? Pass on the "custom tune" from the "kit" Nothing custom about it. Only way you get a custom tune and THE RIGHT tune for your car is by actually getting a tune, not a canned mail order tune
@1 Alibi 2

I would try to do a few more things right away. Remember each time you add certain parts, you will need a retune. That will cost you another $200-$400 if you decided you wanted to just add a throttle body
I am in Kansas. No real plans to do anything else, I have heard good things about VMP canned tune's with mostly stock cars, since they have done enough of them they have it figured out. Is this not the case?

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
If you're stuck on a tune, I would use ( @VNMOUS1. ),................the larger tuning factories won't give the " personal " touch !!
.................& no, I don't run his tune..

Users who are viewing this thread