Established Member
Phonepics078.jpg

Phonepics070.jpg

Phonepics068.jpg

Phonepics071.jpg

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Do these have any additional bolster vs the standard GT 5.0L seats!?

If they were the White stripe ons Id be all over it....black makes me go hmmmmm~?

allshow

Established Member
They fit exactly like the 5.0 seats, they just have the suade inserts on the side bolsters vs the gt is all leather and stripe stitching. I don't think they add any extra padding. Your right white stripes in your car would look sexy.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Actually you would need the GT500 upper foams for these leathers to fit properly. There is a little extra foam in the side bolsters on the GT500's compared with the GT's.

allshow

Established Member
Well the ones I have still have an extremely thin layer of foam if that's what your talking about. The guy that installed my custom covers told me that the GT premium and GT500 are the same. He claimed that when he orders kits for either of those cars they are the same part numbers. I wouldn't know either way since I have never taken them apart before so both could be correct.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Well the ones I have still have an extremely thin layer of foam if that's what your talking about. The guy that installed my custom covers told me that the GT premium and GT500 are the same. He claimed that when he orders kits for either of those cars they are the same part numbers. I wouldn't know either way since I have never taken them apart before so both could be correct.

I've swapped GT500 skins onto GT seats, and I had to replace the upper foams. It's a small difference, but enough of a difference that it wouldn't have been right without it.

I would imagine a custom cover could be made to work with both. Maybe it would be slightly tight on one, and slightly loose on the other. But, the foams are definitely different between a GT and GT500. That's not to say they won't interchange without issue, but they are different.

Regardless, these would be a great upgrade for any GT500 owner, or even GT owner.

allshow

Established Member
Link? I looked on Shelby performance and couldn't find them when I tried to list a price, it costs way more than that everywhere I looked and found them. I thought 1000 was pretty cheap

allshow

Established Member
Ahh, yeah those must be the ones they take out to install the super snake ones. If you can find them in stock pretty good price.

Users who are viewing this thread