2012 GT vs CTS-V LSA Sedan

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
I am not sure the year of the CTS-V but it was the sedan. Beautiful silver with chrome rims. I was cruising over to a buddy of mines house, and I see him in traffic at a light. I slowly pull up beside him, and I see the silouette of his head turn. So I know the 5.0 badge, the Sterling color and black rims caught his eye. Light turns green and as my line of traffic gets with the program and starts to move my SLP LM's give a little growl to accelerate, he instantly gets behind me, shortly after he is cut off by someone in the other lane and he falls back in irritation. All the while I am keeping a close eye on him, I can see his car poking out as if he trying to keep me locked on, not to loose his prey. Cruising, trying not to outrun the situation, I keep a steady slow speed limit, because the road ahead is what I like to call the Texas mini Autobahn...

Two lane wide lifted highway, with one little curve, no ways to cross over to on coming so any police, would be visibile a mile away, and if they saw you on the otherside, they would have no way of getting over... A radio would be next to pointless, as multiple exits are few miles ahead, which gives anyone with mobility multiple escape routes.

Back to this gleaming gem we call a V, as we come close to the open stretch, the car that cut him off finally moves over. Expecting the V to come back on me like a wingman in a dog fight, it stays back as if it has been merely giving off false hope to a faceoff. Finally on this open stretch, I see the far away V instantly grow bigger in my rear view mirror. I knew at that point, the fun is about to begin.

Car in my lane, moves over and allows a view of a long stretch of road, to what looks like infinite space. Like it was muscle memory, I begin the procedure, or a routine I should say, that I have done over and over throughout the years. I put the car in KILL mode...

Check my speeds, and pick the correct gear, and turn off the aids, I don't need help... If I am going to kill, I want it to be mine, no acog, no scope...all iron sights... although sadly I knew my place on the food chain... I was defiently on the menu, this time around

Traveling around 75mph, I picked 4th gear. It seemed sufficient. Letting off the clutch, I added the finishing touches by turning traction control off. The reason for this, is because it's happened before, my TC sometimes will kick on if I drop a gear, real quick. It's costed me a race or two in the past, even with my past mustangs.

As soon as TC was off, I hit it...

He followed suit, instantly I was about 2 cars ahead. By 140 I was changing into 5th gear if I remember correctly, so from 75-140 I was holding him off. However by 140 he had already claimed his 2 car distance and we were side by side. As a car was begining to come into view in my lane, I had to let off, he left off a mili second before, as a courtesy incase I needed to take avassive maneuvers and cross into his lane. Luckily, I had ample time and distance. So I assume, from a side by side roll, he would of probably taken me by 2 cars.

Closing notes, we both smiled, threw a thumbs up and went our ways. It was fun.

I have a stock 6 speed GT, with rims and exhuast. The suspension and gears are off to the side for now.

Had I been in my Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V... The tables might of turned and my nissan would of had a full belly... That's one car you don't want to **** with... even the Stang bows down to the almighty spec V

Last edited:

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
You sure it was a v2? Not a early n/a model? The v2 can be nasty, even stock and a stock 5.0 doesn't really stand a chance. Good race though, I'm sure it was fun.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
You sure it was a v2? Not a early n/a model? The v2 can be nasty, even stock and a stock 5.0 doesn't really stand a chance. Good race though, I'm sure it was fun.

Yeah, I would have expected a worse beatdown from a V2 with a basically stock 5.0. They typically trap 118-120.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member

Whats the difference? THis one almost looked brand new... I was expecting a beat down, in way worse form, because of the power difference. But either A he didn't know how to drive, or B...

Actually A would be the only option.. Ive watched vids of SRT-8 (392) murdering 5.0's from a roll... I was kind of bum fuzzled for a bit...

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
the '09+ cts-v's have 556hp/551tq, and they run hard. low 12's trapping 117-118mph. that's more than 2 cars up to 140mph if driven properly. if its an auto in sport mode, its nearly idiot-proof to drive fast---even my wife can do it.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Whats the difference? THis one almost looked brand new... I was expecting a beat down, in way worse form, because of the power difference. But either A he didn't know how to drive, or B...

Actually A would be the only option.. Ive watched vids of SRT-8 (392) murdering 5.0's from a roll... I was kind of bum fuzzled for a bit...

i saw a 392 SRT8 Challenger dyno 404 to the tires. they make power, too bad weigh so damn much.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Nice story, hard to tell from it where the V was when you hit it, behind you still?

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
By 140 I was changing into 5th gear if I remember correctly, so from 75-140 I was holding him off.

What gearing do you have? 3.31s 4th is over around 130, 3.55s around 123 and 3.73s around 116.

The suspension and gears are off to the side for now.

What?

Had I been in my Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V... The tables might of turned and my nissan would of had a full belly... That's one car you don't want to **** with... even the Stang bows down to the almighty spec V

Huh?

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
What gearing do you have? 3.31s 4th is over around 130, 3.55s around 123 and 3.73s around 116.

What?

Huh?

I have 3.31's, like I said I hit 5th, so maybe I went above 140... I was too concentrated on the car in front of me...

The suspension and 3.37's are off to the side, meaning, I have not installed them yet

The sentra was a joke...if you look at my sig, I use a spec v for a DD

Last edited:

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
Nice story, hard to tell from it where the V was when you hit it, behind you still?

He was directly behind me when I jumped... consider it tailgating

I'm guessing you took a massive jump otherwise it doesn't make much sense.

It did not make much sense to me neither, i instantly jumped over in the other lane to give him the go ahead to pass me...

S8ER01Z

Established Member
It did not make much sense to me neither, i instantly jumped over in the other lane to give him the go ahead to pass me...

:beer: Just knowing you I have to believe you.. I would probably wave the flag on a random person telling the same story.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
I am not sure the year of the CTS-V but it was the sedan. Beautiful silver with chrome rims. I was cruising over to a buddy of mines house, and I see him in traffic at a light. I slowly pull up beside him, and I see the silouette of his head turn. So I know the 5.0 badge, the Sterling color and black rims caught his eye. Light turns green and as my line of traffic gets with the program and starts to move my SLP LM's give a little growl to accelerate, he instantly gets behind me, shortly after he is cut off by someone in the other lane and he falls back in irritation. All the while I am keeping a close eye on him, I can see his car poking out as if he trying to keep me locked on, not to loose his prey. Cruising, trying not to outrun the situation, I keep a steady slow speed limit, because the road ahead is what I like to call the Texas mini Autobahn...

Two lane wide lifted highway, with one little curve, no ways to cross over to on coming so any police, would be visibile a mile away, and if they saw you on the otherside, they would have no way of getting over... A radio would be next to pointless, as multiple exits are few miles ahead, which gives anyone with mobility multiple escape routes.

Back to this gleaming gem we call a V, as we come close to the open stretch, the car that cut him off finally moves over. Expecting the V to come back on me like a wingman in a dog fight, it stays back as if it has been merely giving off false hope to a faceoff. Finally on this open stretch, I see the far away V instantly grow bigger in my rear view mirror. I knew at that point, the fun is about to begin.

Car in my lane, moves over and allows a view of a long stretch of road, to what looks like infinite space. Like it was muscle memory, I begin the procedure, or a routine I should say, that I have done over and over throughout the years. I put the car in KILL mode...

Check my speeds, and pick the correct gear, and turn off the aids, I don't need help... If I am going to kill, I want it to be mine, no acog, no scope...all iron sights... although sadly I knew my place on the food chain... I was defiently on the menu, this time around

Traveling around 75mph, I picked 4th gear. It seemed sufficient. Letting off the clutch, I added the finishing touches by turning traction control off. The reason for this, is because it's happened before, my TC sometimes will kick on if I drop a gear, real quick. It's costed me a race or two in the past, even with my past mustangs.

As soon as TC was off, I hit it...

He followed suit, instantly I was about 2 cars ahead. By 140 I was changing into 5th gear if I remember correctly, so from 75-140 I was holding him off. However by 140 he had already claimed his 2 car distance and we were side by side. As a car was begining to come into view in my lane, I had to let off, he left off a mili second before, as a courtesy incase I needed to take avassive maneuvers and cross into his lane. Luckily, I had ample time and distance. So I assume, from a side by side roll, he would of probably taken me by 2 cars.

Closing notes, we both smiled, threw a thumbs up and went our ways. It was fun.

I have a stock 6 speed GT, with rims and exhuast. The suspension and gears are off to the side for now.

:shrug: :shrug: Thats a 16 second car.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Nice run, wouldn't call it a kill.

I bet it was the SC model considering you got the hit and 2 cars on the hit and he was coming around you.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
:beer: Just knowing you I have to believe you.. I would probably wave the flag on a random person telling the same story.

:beer: thanks brother... You should hear the story about me killing an aventedor in my nissan...

:shrug: :shrug: Thats a 16 second car.

Yea, well mine came with a syringe filled with black tar in the truck upon purchase... Plus it has SE-R badges... Your z06 would not want none if it...

Nice run, wouldn't call it a kill.

I bet it was the SC model considering you got the hit and 2 cars on the hit and he was coming around you.

Oh yea most def, it was a death... I love the CTS-V so being able to run against one and lose to it, is worth bragging about... That's why I said had it been side by side, he would of ran away... :D

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
I have 3.31's, like I said I hit 5th, so maybe I went above 140... I was too concentrated on the car in front of me...

The suspension and 3.37's are off to the side, meaning, I have not installed them yet

The sentra was a joke...if you look at my sig, I use a spec v for a DD

Do you mean 3.73s? 3.31s to 3.37s would be about as useful as turning your air conditioning off. Maybe less lol

Users who are viewing this thread