2012 GT arrived Monday

Erich

Established Member
Ordered 10Aug11 arrived 10Oct11. Estimate was 6-8 weeks.
Black premium coupe, saddle leather, 3.73s, brembos, shaker 1000
Put 300+ miles since Monday afternoon. Really love this car. The motor is so flexible. It is such a great all around car. Handles wonderfully. The 3.73s I think were a must. Decent pickup on the highway even in 6th but you could chose 3rd, 4th or 5th for more fun. Here are a few pictures.
DSC07424.jpg

DSC07434.jpg

Only downer is my AC does not work
Erich

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
nice ride. U will love it. I love the brembos and 3.73's in mine.

sucks the A/C isnt working. U wouldnt believe how many cars come through with issues. all cars not just ford.

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
I normally am not a fan of tan interior(1994 cobra saddle interior was BLAH! ) but ford did a good job with that. I kind of like it. But no AC?! Blasphemy, get it fixed!

ArabianOak

Established Member
man what a nice step up form my base interior! those rims, brembos and 3.73 rear end too!

if you dont mind me asking how much did you pay? I just got my 2012 base black 6 speed manual for 28k

Scotty_5.0

Established Member
looking good man. congrats on your new toy and like every one else said, get it to the dealership to get that a/c fixed.

PhantomX

Established Member
I love that interior, wow does that look classy. I like my black but damn that looks nice... I almost bought one with the red seats that looked damn good too...

Erich

Established Member
Thanks!
yeah the old tan was way too light. I have that in my 97GT. Even worse with the 6 cyl seats I have.
Going to drop it off at the dealer tonight. I also noticed that a resonator (or what looks like one) has a big dent in it. They will need to address that as well.
I paid 100 below invoice which was 33.5 or so. That is before tax tags etc.
Erich

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
Thanks!
yeah the old tan was way too light. I have that in my 97GT. Even worse with the 6 cyl seats I have.
Going to drop it off at the dealer tonight. I also noticed that a resonator (or what looks like one) has a big dent in it. They will need to address that as well.
I paid 100 below invoice which was 33.5 or so. That is before tax tags etc.
Erich

Every mustang has that very same dent in the resonator. Mine had it, and so did my friend's 2011 mustang GT.

Project X

Established Member
True, I thought it was from unloading off the truck and the dealer agreed. When the new pipe showed up, it had the exact same dent in it.

Erich

Established Member
Really?! (on the pipe coming in dented etc) Very interesting. It looks like a fork lift mark. But no corresponding one on the other pipe.
Erich

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Really?! (on the pipe coming in dented etc) Very interesting. It looks like a fork lift mark. But no corresponding one on the other pipe.
Erich

The drivers side resonator has a flat spot in it.

Here is a pic that I grabbed from google. While it is a Boss exhaust,you can see the flat spot in the driver side resonator. Ignore the arrows as it was from another subject...

82437d1294604111-boss-exhaust-pics-impressions-sj-auto-show-ls-under.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread