2012 Boss Transmission Problems

horatio1303

Established Member
Just wanted to throw a heads up to anyone possibly having transmission issues with their Boss. Mine started kicking itself out of second gear occasionally. After a few times of this eventually it would not hold second gear at all. On tear down of the transmission tech discovered bad synchros on second and third gear, teeth were all chewn up. Ford ordered new parts and the synchros that came in did not have the friction material on them. After recieving a third synchro like that the tech was told by Ford that was the new style, so he put the transmission together and lo and behold it's even worse that before the tear down. Ford has finally agreed to put in a new transmission however they told the dealership it will 2014 parts that will not be available until late December and that my car wont be ready til January. They've had my car since the beginning of Oct, and Fords great factory warrenty does not cover a rental. Lucky enough half way through all the dealership came up with a loaner vehicle for me. Sorry for the long post and hopefully this is a fluke that no one else has problems with.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Sorry to hear about this. You could always pursue the lemon law. The dealer will certainly have the car long enough, it depends on what date your car was purchased. In FL you have two years from the purchase date. One of the criteria is If the car is at the dealer for 28 consecutive days you car pursue it.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
I would not let ford keep my car for 3 months.

I would keep my car at my house, pull the trans, and have it rebuilt with stronger parts.

horatio1303

Established Member
I don't think I can use the Lemon law as I bought the car in TN and now I'm stationed in Hawaii. I'm waiting to hear back from Ford on Monday to see what the progress is on getting parts sooner.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Hang in there... I agree I wouldnt be to excited about my car being at the dealer that long. Put some pressure on ford. The louder you scawk the more they have to listen. My C6 Z06 had an issue early on and the car was in the shop cor what ended up being 22 days. Most of that the car was sitting undriveable. I call Chevy many time until they finally oked more work to be done to fix it right and gave me an extended warranty to boot. But I had to be persistent. Goodluck!

Grant808

Established Member
contact Deysha at themustangsource.com and she might be able to help you get things moving faster. Also contact Ford customer service direct with your issues.

Good luck!

horatio1303

Established Member
Grant I may have to try that. I've been dealing with Ford customer lack of service since October. Each time I get a little higher on the food chain with a promise they will call me back and they don't. Same thing again today and was told it will take two more days to pass this on to the next person in line. This is the worst service I've ever recieved from Ford.

horatio1303

Established Member
Been a while since I've been able to get on here, but Ford came through in the end. They sent the dealership a new 2014 transmission and gave me an additional 2 years of their Premium extended warrenty. Plus the dealership reimbursed the car payments for each month the car sat their. Haven't had a chance to drive it since I'm overseas, but my buddy assures me it's better than new!

Jebadias

Established Member
Glad to hear everything worked out. Do you know if there are any upgrads in the 2014 trans? Sucks it took so long but I suppose if my car had to be down for a bit it would be best when I was deployed.

horatio1303

Established Member
Jebadias, minor improvements are all I could find out on the trans, nothing major. It was the synchros that failed in the old one and they didn't rebuild because there were no good parts in the supply chain.

Users who are viewing this thread