2012 Boss Transmission Bottom Line

cloud9

Established Member
I'm not saying some cars don't have issues with their MT-82 transmission, but as pointed out above all cars have SOME issues. My clutch disc blew out a spring and it locked up the pressure plate. So, new clutch under warranty. That's what it's for. I had a clutch disc with a weak point in the steel holding in one of the springs. Things like that happen with all manufactured products. It doesn't mean they are junk though. There will always be an "acceptable" failure rate, or the cost to produce would be prohibitive. Thus the "$800 toilet seats" for certain military aircraft.

2012YellowBoss

Established Member
It is now a 5 speed with fifth gear unusable. The clutch slips in 5th gear as well. 1-4 and 6th the car is fine.... I am not abusive to the car by any means, but if it is made to go 7500 rpm I am using the car to it's full potential.....
Mike

Mine is exactly the same, works but locks me out of 5Th often under load on the track.

BANDIT HPT

Established Member
I have 600 miles on my GT500. It grind just a couple times but after some "spirited" driving, it's been very smooth... or as smooth as a Tremec can get. Hasn't grind since. I'm not saying it won't happen again.

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
Mine is exactly the same, works but locks me out of 5Th often under load on the track.

Sorry to learn that your car is behaving like mine with the 5th gear issues..... I hope I do not have issue getting mine fixed under warranty..... Parts are on B/O for 2+ months.... get ready to wait.

Keep us posted!

Watch to make sure that your clutch does not slip when in 5th gear. If it does it will be destroyed in short order.

Mike

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread