2012 Boss roof painted or sticker? Stripes down front?

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Is the 2012 Boss roof painted black or is that a sticker that ford puts down? I wish the 2013's came with a painted black roof as it just sets it off oh so sexy! I've seen a 2013 SBY boss with a flat black roof. Any more pictures of a 2013 boss with a gloss black roof? Has anyone brought the strips down the whole front bumper of a 2013 boss, If so got pics??

ace72ace

Egi Actum
Established Member
Stripes down the front bumper on a 13 would ruin the look IMHO. But there are Boss owners that stripped their stickers off completely on a few 12s I saw, meh. To each his own.

Jason2757

Established Member
Is the 2012 Boss roof painted black or is that a sticker that ford puts down? I wish the 2013's came with a painted black roof as it just sets it off oh so sexy! I've seen a 2013 SBY boss with a flat black roof. Any more pictures of a 2013 boss with a gloss black roof? Has anyone brought the strips down the whole front bumper of a 2013 boss, If so got pics??
I just plastidipped the roof satin black on my 13, and I love it. I also did the top of the trunk lid so it is black on the whole top, as well as the hood vents. I'll try to figure out how to post pics.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
I just plastidipped the roof satin black on my 13, and I love it. I also did the top of the trunk lid so it is black on the whole top, as well as the hood vents. I'll try to figure out how to post pics.

Awesome, waiting for the pics! Yeah strip removal kinda would kill the boss.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
I've seen '13s with wraps and paint on the roof...I think it looks good. Best one was a GB with carbon fiber wrap.

Post some pics please! Itching to see this, the only one ive seen is a SBY 13 with a flat black wrap on it, personal I think gloss that matches the tone and shine of the glass would be killer.

Jebadias

Established Member
Wow. I didn't think I would like that. Not too bad. Are the roof and trunk black or do they match the stripes? I can't tell from the pics.

Jason2757

Established Member
Wow. I didn't think I would like that. Not too bad. Are the roof and trunk black or do they match the stripes? I can't tell from the pics.
Thanks, yes they are satin black and are not reflective. Only BOSS owners would know the difference. I just used plastidip because I like the option of peeling it off if I change my mind, and it leaves no residue.:coolman:

Jebadias

Established Member
Oh ok. I wonder if you can mix something into it to make it reflective? Either way it's nice. Pretty cool that you can remove it if you decide to.

Grant808

Established Member
Post some pics please! Itching to see this, the only one ive seen is a SBY 13 with a flat black wrap on it, personal I think gloss that matches the tone and shine of the glass would be killer.

This is Grabber310's car. Looks good in person last time I saw it when it had Hotchkiss stickering on it. I think the roof paint matches the spoiler IIRC.
MG3_1975.jpg

From here:
Michael Heintz’s Badass Show’n’Go BOSS 302 | StangTV

Can't find any pics of it, but the GB is WorldfamousZ's on BMO. I'll try to remember to take some pics for you next time I see him.

Users who are viewing this thread