2012 Boss having issues with car cutting out when shifting

svteezy

Established Member
Ok so I've been having this issue ever since I took the mt82 out and put a t56 magnum in my 2012 Boss w/ Vortech blower. I'm not sure if its a coincidence or what. The car simply feels like it cuts off when you try to shift it hard. It is like hitting a rev limiter and cutting fuel and it takes a second to get all the power back. After datalogging it with the tuner we noticed nothing out of the ordinary. Throttle body never changed, knock wasnt detected, no timing pulled... I havent found anyone else having an issue like this so it really makes it hard to figure out exactly what is going on. Its very annoying whenever the car used to run 10's at 135 and now it wont get out of the 11's and only trapping around 126. There is something going on causing this thing to freak when you try to bang the gears. I normally power shift the car and never let off the floor but I have even tried lifting and shifting and it still does it. The only thing I have in the back of my head is could it be something to do with the returnless fuel system. The car has a Kenne Bell Boost a Pump right now and I've heard from a few people that it could possibly be that..

Hoping someone has had an issue like this and maybe I can get this thing fixed soon. Any ideas would be great. I have a video on my phone that I am going to load and post a link to of it doing it.

INEEDA_TERMI

Established Member
Im sure you did, but did you do an idle relearn after new clutch and trans? Sounds like load duty cycle is too high detected by ecm and pulling power? Or could it be vct reverting back to zero between shifts?

2012csgt

Established Member
I had a similar issue with my car cutting out and it turned out to be the advance trac kicking in and out. Make sure that it is off, by that I don't mean holding down the button for 7 seconds, I mean having it totally disabled. Whether it be in the tune or unplugging one of the rear sensors.

svteezy

Established Member
I have a tune with the traction system disabled and it still does it. When it had the mt82 it had 3.73 gears. It has the 2.97 gear set t56 and 4.30 gears. Also the car will cut off when you try to launch it hard at the track (forgot to mention that). Also if I'm on the street with street tires and hit a gear and the car is spinning it won't cut out. I can only make it do it on 3-4 shift with street tires because it spins in lower gears. But with a 275 radial at the track it falls on its face at the launch and every gear I shift

svteezy

Established Member
It feels JUST like traction control honestly. But I was told I would see the throttle body closing in the logs.. But it stays as its commanded the whole time. I think tonight I will do some more logging. What all can I log to see if it's something dealing with the fuel system?

thebreather

Established Member
I have the same issue
I believe it to be the trac control kicking in.if I turn adv trac off, I cant even do a burnout in the box.if I turn just the trac control off, this what you states happens to me.only and a hard launch and shift..try unplugging a sensor like I did.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Sounds fuel related to me, you recorded the stall in a log and nothing showed up, that's very strange..

svteezy

Established Member
I have the same issue
I believe it to be the trac control kicking in.if I turn adv trac off, I cant even do a burnout in the box.if I turn just the trac control off, this what you states happens to me.only and a hard launch and shift..try unplugging a sensor like I did.

What sensor did you unplug? Also my cruise control isn't working either. Could be related. And I shift the car at 8k but that's when it's acting right

INEEDA_TERMI

Established Member
Ok so I've been having this issue ever since I took the mt82 out and put a t56 magnum in my 2012 Boss w/ Vortech blower. I'm not sure if its a coincidence or what. The car simply feels like it cuts off when you try to shift it hard. It is like hitting a rev limiter and cutting fuel and it takes a second to get all the power back. After datalogging it with the tuner we noticed nothing out of the ordinary. Throttle body never changed, knock wasnt detected, no timing pulled... I havent found anyone else having an issue like this so it really makes it hard to figure out exactly what is going on. Its very annoying whenever the car used to run 10's at 135 and now it wont get out of the 11's and only trapping around 126. There is something going on causing this thing to freak when you try to bang the gears. I normally power shift the car and never let off the floor but I have even tried lifting and shifting and it still does it. The only thing I have in the back of my head is could it be something to do with the returnless fuel system. The car has a Kenne Bell Boost a Pump right now and I've heard from a few people that it could possibly be that..

Hoping someone has had an issue like this and maybe I can get this thing fixed soon. Any ideas would be great. I have a video on my phone that I am going to load and post a link to of it doing it.

Sounds like your clutch pedal switch. Look under the pedal and make sure its locked in the hole. My cruise control wouldnt work either with the clutch pedal switch disconnected.

poof100

Established Member
Sounds like your clutch pedal switch. Look under the pedal and make sure its locked in the hole. My cruise control wouldnt work either with the clutch pedal switch disconnected.

When my Magnum first went in, the Cruise Control also didn't work and JPC resolved it. No issues now with the Magnum, great trans!

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
What sensor did you unplug? Also my cruise control isn't working either. Could be related. And I shift the car at 8k but that's when it's acting right

Do you have the speedo box hooked up? Or did you make adjustments in the tune?

chefron50

Established Member
When data logging check the torque management,had that tuned off,factory use's that to help save the drivetrain from more shock when shifting [ cuts power for a quick second] till you're done shifting.

Users who are viewing this thread