2012 Boss 302 vs Grand Sport

c6dreamvette

Established Member
I got my first Kill on Monday.
Driving home I had a black 2011 Grandsport pass me on the interstate. I pulled up next to him and then he procedded to tell me that he had "450hp and my car has 350 so I should not try to mess with him"
I said well lets give it a try after we get out of town. As soon as I said that he nailed it, for some reason I knew he would do that so I was already in 3rd around 4000 rpm's (the sweet spot). Even after he got the jump by the time I shifted to 5th I had 1/2 of a car on him............
When we slowed down enough to talk I asked if the is what he expected from a 350hp car:shrug:
He then replied" Yeah well nothing can beat a Zr1 and exited the interstate....

Guess he was a poor sport:beer:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Driving home I had a black 2011 Grandsport pass me on the interstate. I pulled up next to him and then he procedded to tell me that he had "450hp and my car has 350 so I should not try to mess with him"
I said well lets give it a try after we get out of town. As soon as I said that he nailed it, for some reason I knew he would do that so I was already in 3rd around 4000 rpm's (the sweet spot). Even after he got the jump by the time I shifted to 5th I had 1/2 of a car on him............
When we slowed down enough to talk I asked if the is what he expected from a 350hp car:shrug:

I see what you did there. :) Nice kill

NA_Cobra

Established Member
LOL, 350hp, Which Mustang was he thinking about? I can't even think of a Mustang that had 350hp from the factory. He needs to go home and do some research, I'm sure he'll be shocked when he sees 444hp/380tq. Also, GS's do even come with 450, they have the 436hp NPP option.

FWIW, In the Corvette community, GS owners are a bit on the cocky side, but I still haven't figured out why. I mean they're basically in whats essentially a C6 Z51 coupe with heavier suspension/brake components, heavier wheels/tires and wide body paneling from the Z06 making it an LS3 with added weight and increased aerodynamic drag. So I'm not sure how they can become that cocky with a car thats $20k+ over a base C6 LS3 Z51 and slower.

Last edited:

M1A....

Established Member
Sounds like he was steamed. Good Job!! ;-) Did you tell him he wasn't driving a ZR1, and maybe he can come back and talk shit if he gets one? Some guys are just poor sports. He'll probably tell his buddies that he creamed you. He must be living in a fantasy world!! Whenever anybody decides to race, there's always the possibility of getting beat.:bash:

slocum1946

singularity
Established Member
but your boss will never beat the new 5.0 :)

and neither will the ZR1...or the ZL1...

maybe a Veyron can hang with it...

01FormulaTA

Established Member
LOL, 350hp, Which Mustang was he thinking about? I can't even think of a Mustang that had 350hp from the factory. He needs to go home and do some research, I'm sure he'll be shocked when he sees 444hp/380tq. Also, GS's do even come with 450, they have the 436hp NPP option.

FWIW, In the Corvette community, GS owners are a bit on the cocky side, but I still haven't figured out why. I mean they're basically in whats essentially a C6 Z51 coupe with heavier suspension/brake components, heavier wheels/tires and wide body paneling from the Z06 making it an LS3 with added weight and increased aerodynamic drag. So I'm not sure how they can become that cocky with a car thats $20k+ over a base C6 LS3 Z51 and slower.

They don't offer the Z51 package anymore...it was discontinued in 2010 when The GS was introduced.

Nice kill OP.

97_TXCobra

Established Member
lol...i love when you beat someone with a certian trim level like a GT and they always throw the "oh yeah well you cant be a GT500" lmao...WTF is the point of that statement?

Established Member

Yeah GS owners are a little funny. I met one guy who said he bought a GS over a Z06/ZR1 because he says the steel frame is stronger and more rigid.

They are slightly...but won't make a huge difference on the street.

And this guy is 60 years old and hasn't been to a single racetrack lol.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
but your boss will never beat the new 5.0 :)

and neither will the ZR1...or the ZL1...

maybe a Veyron can hang with it...

A Veyron wouldn't dare coming close to the 5.0. Legend has it that the connecting rods are made out of chuck norris' forearms.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member

im guessing you are all stock too? Nice kill :rockon: I always see grand sport corvettes around where I live. They look like a Z06 from a distance, then you get up close and it reads grandsport on the side. I feel bad for them

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
never understood why people spent so much more for the grand sport! :shrug: seen a $80+ gs one time but it was the 100th anniversary but still!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread