2012 Boss 302 vs 2015 GT w/PP

Zemedici

Established Member
^ lol what a ridiculous post. Then I looked at who it was, wow typical cobro response.

You heard it here first, only enthusiasts buy the special models. He won't even notice you if you drive a lowly GT.

News flash, that blue Cobra in your sig is still a Mustang. Sometimes I think you're just trolling, did you just get a Cobra? :lol:

I don't think enthusiast is the right word. He's saying GTs are a dime a dozen, basically

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't know how to feel. I'm about to buy a 2012 Boss 302 w/Recaro Seats with 13,000 babied miles, but for the same price, I can get a base (cloth) '15 GT w/PP and Recaro Seats.

Why should I get one over the other? It's going to be my DD, and as for the lack of creature comforts in the Boss, I can always add an aftermarket bluetooth radio, and upgrade the speakers for cheap. So that's not a concern with me.

If it'll be your DD, get the 15. More than likely the 12 warranty will be expiring soon and the 15 has more DD friendly options.
The boss may have better resale value, unless you will put a shit ton of miles on it.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
i dont care which performs better honestly. what it comes down to for me is boss is limited production, numbered cars, look 10x better then a 2015 and have way better resale value over any period of time. what do you gain on a 2015 you dont get on a 12/13 boss? IRS? more weight?

and daily a boss smh i dont get people :shrug: i will never own another mustang that sees rain let alone daily action

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
i dont care which performs better honestly. what it comes down to for me is boss is limited production, numbered cars, look 10x better then a 2015 and have way better resale value over any period of time. what do you gain on a 2015 you dont get on a 12/13 boss? IRS? more weight?

and daily a boss smh i dont get people :shrug: i will never own another mustang that sees rain let alone daily action

This is my thought too. If this was New GT vs previous gen GT then we can debate. Only other Mustang I'd consider taking over the BOSS is the 13/14 GT500.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
This is my thought too. If this was New GT vs previous gen GT then we can debate. Only other Mustang I'd consider taking over the BOSS is the 13/14 GT500.

agreed 100% and two completely different animals in comparison

There is only a few mustangs i would consider buying and the high end is 12/13 boss and 13/14 gt500 and lower end is 03/04 mach & 03/04 cobra. i dont like having a run of the mill gt but that is just me i guess.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
just dont understand why you would take a limited car like that and put it through the daily tortures. i would buy a cheap beater and get boss or something a few thousand less

I just picked up a 13' GB Boss with 3k miles and have already put 2k on it. I live in the reality that I am never going to keep a car or that it is an investment. That being said, I enjoy the car for what it is and will probably sell it next year with the hopes of picking up a GT350, or might just build a 15-16' GT.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
lol whats wrong with daily driving a Boss?

Somebody posted this quote here a while back:
"not putting miles on your car is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable for her next boyfriend"

Too many good times you're missing out on just because it might get wet or a chip in the paint. JSIA...

Last edited:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
"not putting miles on your car is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable for her next boyfriend"

Too many good times you're missing out on just because it might get wet or a chip in the paint. JSIA...

Haha. Just bought a shelby, and while it won't be driven every day it will be driven during the week. While I'm picky on keeping it looking good, I get more enjoyment driving it than looking at it.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
just dont understand why you would take a limited car like that and put it through the daily tortures. i would buy a cheap beater and get boss or something a few thousand less

"Limited"

inigomontoya.jpg

Its still a mass produced mustang. It still depreciates whether or not you drive it in the rain, have 2k on it vs 20k, etc.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member

lol thats good..

While its not going to bring the price of a Boss I daily drove 3 different Firehawks (all 1 of 400-500 each year) and also a 94 1LE (1 of 135 and 1 of 4 Teal 94 1LEs that year). Again LT1/LS1 cars are gonng bring $40k but they were definitely limted. Like mentioned lots of good times in those cars that I am glad i didnt miss with them sitting in the garage "collecting".

If somone had 2-3 kids i could see the non daily driver side of it as it has no back seat but if i had a Boss I would be driving it 2-4 days a week on the days I didnt have to haul him around.

Last edited:

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
"Limited"

inigomontoya.jpg

Its still a mass produced mustang. It still depreciates whether or not you drive it in the rain, have 2k on it vs 20k, etc.
Um no it isn't compare the number of boss/Shelby to all other mustangs the past several years. And a car that is daily driven and has 25k miles isn't going to be worth the same as a non daily driven only warm weather never driven in rain car with 2k miles

OrangeCompete

Roadrunner
Established Member

Yeah, cause you can take that shit with you when you die, right? My Boss has 44K and is the best decision I've made as a DD. Of course I drive in bad weather as little as possible, but my commute is a true joy.

Users who are viewing this thread