2012 Boss 302 red key question

Splatter

Established Member
Hi every one, Very happy owner of a boss 302. Had to import it direct to Chile since they only sell automatic mustangs here. The car arrived fine with the track ket and all, but the computer has not been flashed and the local Ford dealers will not do it. Any ideas on how to get the track key flashed??

Grant808

Established Member
I'd call or email Ford Racing. Maybe they can influence a dealer or put you in touch with one who will do the install. So you got the TracKey voucher already?

Splatter

Established Member
Thanks.

The dealer (California) Said that all their Bosses leave the shop with the ECM flashed, but I did not see the voucher in the blue box they sent with the track key. The car definitely does not recognize the track key. I will try to see if they can give me a hand with the local dealers.

Cheers and thanks for the comments

65sohc

Established Member
The ECM itself has to be programmed by a trained technician. That's not going to happen in Chile. You'd be better off getting a mailorder tuner/tune from American Muscle, et.al.

OrangeCompete

Roadrunner
Established Member
It's just a set of instructions, all the tech needs is a laptop after downloading the package as far as I know. Ford Racing has been helpful when I've called in the past few months. One thing that didn't go through from the dealer for me was my warranty information. I had to end up scanning and emailing my purchase/install info myself to get my 36K warranty active. Word to TracKey owners--I'd call Ford Racing and verify your warranty is actually active.

Splatter

Established Member
Thanks, actually will give that a try, The shop I use is the rep for Aston Martin and services all the other cars in Chile that do not have a rep here (lambos, corvettes, super snakes etc). They have a fair share of computers etc, But as some one mentioned, would I be better of with a Steeda cold air kit and a tune? may be the 95mm throttle body?

Users who are viewing this thread