2012 5.0 Paxton Dyno

STROKED2VALVE

Established Member
Well, finally got the blower on and tuned at HPP in Lewisville. Made 620whp 490wtq STD in about 95 degree Texas heat. Stock pulley with jlt open air inlet. First and second gear are useless but it is a blast to drive :banana: Drives like stock until my foot gets heavy. Won't let me post attachments but I can send the dyno sheet if someone wants to post it for me.

KidMoney

Established Member
Using corrected numbers is dumb. It serves no purpose other than to inflate numbers.

Jukens

Established Member
Here's the dyno sheet
uvanahu7.jpg

altispeed

Established Member
Nice brotha. Those r some good numbers. Looking fwd to getting mine back from JPC in a few weeks. Ive been wanting the paxton for over a year and just pulled the plug.

I figured first and second would be useless......without the blower im smokin em lol
would love to see a VIDEO of this beast.

KalEl370

Established Member
Very similar to mine. I have the Paxton also and Manny at HPP tuned it as well. I made 622rwhp and 466tq through the stock air box, lethal o/r h pipe, Boss intake, ID1000s and Vortech BAP. Great numbers and have fun!

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
Can someone explain why there isn't as much TQ gain as HP??? Seems like a big gap between the two

Without getting into a whole TQ/HP what it all means argument.(There are tons of resources out there that define this).

Basically TQ is going to be your measurement of rotational force made by your engine/crankshaft. Any increase in cylinder pressure is what generates more TQ.

HP is the RATE at which this can happen.

Torque is what actually moves the car. That's the seat-of-the-pants tug you feel when you step on the gas.

HP is nothing more than a measurement of how fast this happens within a given amount of time.

The high HP is basically saying that the car continues to move air through the heads/combustion chamber efficiently at higher rpm. Some cars with bad intakes, heads, cams..whatever, will show up on a dyno-graph differently based upon the airflow characteristics of that particular combo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread