2012 5.0 MT 1/4 Stock baseline runs

konablue50

Established Member
Finally got out to a decently maintained 1/4 mile track. I'm pretty disappointed to not see a 12 out of her (correct me if I'm wrong). Any advice would be great after all this is a learning experience and practice makes perfect right?

Temp was 79F, 600ft altitude, 82% humidity. I was running 31psi in the tires, only mods are 19" AM 2010 FR500 wheels, Mickey Thompson Steeet Comp tires, 255 front 285 rear, and roush ab.

View attachment 17571

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 378

hoodley

Established Member
Considering you are already in the future!thats a bad bitch!!!!
But seriouily it will go 12s in better air for sure. maybe drop a few psi and get a sub 2 sec 60ft and u are there.
is it a 3.73 gear of 3.31?

konablue50

Established Member
Thanks for the replies. It's a 3.31. I have a steeda cai sitting in my house just have to buy a tuner before I can put it on. For improving 60' times is it best to go aftermarket upper and lower control arms or springs/shocks/struts first?

i guess I felt slow because my buddy pulled out a 13.8 on a v6 with air raid cai and bama tune lol

hoodley

Established Member
If it is not already lowered I would say tune,shocks, then springs and control arms together. the relo brackets are the best part of suspension mods i think.
if it is lowered atleast get the relo brackets so u can get the lca pointing in the right direction.

konablue50

Established Member
What are your thoughts about Koni compared to other brands? I'm new to the suspension world in terms of doing it the right way. Also what brand control arms ?

Users who are viewing this thread