2012 5.0 eats WRX

bmitchell373

Established Member
2012 5.0 eats WRX (vid added)

At a cruise in last night. Kid tried racing anyone that would, supposedly a 440whp car. Kid would not race from a dig, and that's where his wrx would shine. Well being on stock tires I said ill do a roll, just to shut him up mostly (planning on getting a good jump then he'd wheel me in.... Did a 40 roll, got the jump and per every 10mph id add a car, add a car and just keep walking away. So excuse about his lag came out. So my camera man, said ok you hit it and when I hear his external wastegate come in, ill hit it. We did another 40, he hit it I hear boost, so I punched it, he didn't get 3 hairs past my front bumper before I had past him just winding out 2nd. Then the excusses starting ouring out! So I left!

Vid!!!!

This was the best of 3, for him. Gave him the jump to build boost.
gotwot vs subi 3 - YouTube

Last edited:

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
At a cruise in last night. Kid tried racing anyone that would, supposedly a 440whp car. Kid would not race from a dig, and that's where his wrx would shine.

Except for the fact that he'd grenade his drivetrain in the process, if he was really at 440 whp, which I'm kinda skeptical about. Good kill, nonetheless. I've run across a few WRX owners with my 5.0, they all seem like they've got something to prove.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Nice kill! Sure shut him up. I'm trying to think of what car that would be; I'm friends with some subaru people locally lol.

bmitchell373

Established Member
Car was done up, but who knows the history, or how hammered it is now. If hes out next week ill see if he wants to run his "better" tune.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Prolly a 300awhp car at best with a 440awhp mouth.

Or with his NEXT mod he'll be 440 awhp to include a new turbo, injectors, etc.

My car is 600 RWHP...with my next mod to include an f1 and complete fuel system...

Unfortunately wishful thinking doesn't equal true horsepower

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Except for the fact that he'd grenade his drivetrain in the process, if he was really at 440 whp, which I'm kinda skeptical about. Good kill, nonetheless. I've run across a few WRX owners with my 5.0, they all seem like they've got something to prove.

Amazing that doesn't happen at every stop light?

If he knows how to drive then should be able to plant his 440awhp without grenading his DT.

Sprayed2v

Established Member

A buddy of mine has a500ish HP older sti with a factory drivetrain. He loves digs

REPCobra10

Established Member
Duh! Ricers are always going to be ricers, OP...

ricerbigwing.jpg

They lie about what is really under that hood of theirs!

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
What year WRX was it? Early ones surely can't be more than 300HP and a hard launch will scramble the tranny, unless the entire engine and drivetrain is built. The '07's (Maybe '05's +) can be the real deal on mostly stock motor and tranny if done correctly.

Full disclosure, I have an '02 WRX with a bunch of mods and hail damage, errr golf ball aero package, for a daily driver.

Last edited:

bmitchell373

Established Member
What year WRX was it? Early ones surely can't be more than 300HP and a hard launch will scramble the tranny, unless the entire engine and drivetrain is built. The '07's (Maybe '05's +) can be the real deal on mostly stock motor and tranny if done correctly.

Full disclosure, I have an '02 WRX with a bunch of mods and hail damage, errr golf ball aero package, for a daily driver.

I didnt look at the car, but from the Corvette guy that was the inital race looked it over and said the car was "built" to what extent i dont know, I'm supposed to have a rematch this weekend with his better tune. So ill look it over this time. From the glimpse of it i did have i think its a 08ish it didnt have the bug lights like the 03 and it didnt quite look like the 05 front end so i think 08......ish.

Users who are viewing this thread