2012 5.0 cams

Jhernandez93

Established Member
Hey guys i bought a 2012 gt not too long ago and i am getting ready to mod it but i dont know the mods the previous owner installed on it. I do know the car is cammed but have no idea what set is in there. Is there a way i can figure out without taking it into a shop?

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Hey guys i bought a 2012 gt not too long ago and i am getting ready to mod it but i dont know the mods the previous owner installed on it. I do know the car is cammed but have no idea what set is in there. Is there a way i can figure out without taking it into a shop?

Is it cammed for real or fake cam tune?

Jhernandez93

Established Member
You know what I hadn't even thought about it being ghost cammed (just googled them and found out about it) Do you happen to know of a way I can check or will I need to buy a handheld tuner first? and If i do that will my car be locked onto the other handheld device?

Bought the car from a dealership so i'm not sure who the person was that had it before me.

GT915

Established Member
Does it lope when the car is cold? I have an AED cammed tune and it only does it after the car has reached operating temperature. Up till then it idles normally. I am not sure if all others function in the manner or not. I have heard that these cars, when equipped with aftermarket cams, don't have a pronounced lope like some other cars.

Users who are viewing this thread