2012 3.7l v6 VS H/C/I 347ci Foxbody

Fooln Ya

Established Member
I got a message on FB from a guy saying that his buddy wanted to run me. He didn't know the mods, just that it was a foxbody and it was "built". So, of course, I was down for it, can't win'em all, right?

So we meet up, and I starting plucking away. Asked the guy about it, "just a cam in it". Asked about the heads, he tried to shy away from the question but he finally told me it had 205 Twisted Wedge heads, a 671lift cam, and 1000cfm carb (didn't mention brand). C4 auto with 4.11's and 4600stall. On street tires.

The dig run was a MASSIVE fail on my part. I was on street rubber, and got broadside on the launch. I guess I knocked it out of first/missed second, something happened, but when I got it back in, it spun so I just let out.

I asked for some roll runs, so we went from a low low 1st gear roll. I ended up pulling 3/4 car up to 100-110. He asked for another, we go on 3, and the race was identical through 1st into 2nd, but as soon as he got into 2nd good he started walking. Kinda perplexed me how there was a ~4 car difference between runs. Him and the passenger claim it was spinning horribly the 1st run, and it spins worse from a roll then a dig...

I still have my head held high though. I got 1 out of 3 against a built c4 347 fox, and only lost by ~3 cars on the other roll.

If you will fellas, please take a close look at the 2 roll races. Do you really think he was spinning so bad the first roll? He has a little wiggle, but so did I. I'm not trying to assume anything, but the 2 runs were T-totally different.

2012 3.7l v6 Mustang vs H/C/I 347ci Foxbody Mustang - YouTube

Burn'nRubber

Established Member
I am not too sure on the specs of the car but that car should have walked you bad, worse than 3 cars. I am not sure what happened on the 1st roll run when you were so close, it didnt look like he spun.

BTW your car runs pretty hard, especially for a 6er.

Pntbll309

Established Member
I agree he should have pulled much harder than he even did in the one run. My feelings would be hurt if I was him.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
w.t.f, a 347 with 205 trickflow heads and that big of a cam is a 450+rwhp car easy in a light foxbody. that car is deff not running right lol he should do a compression and leak down test

hell a friend of my had almost same setup and the motor was bad and still put down 440rwhp, and he took the motor apart and the pistons were shot. so a setup like that running 100% is easy 450-500rwhp in a 3,000lb foxbody would = rape lol

Last edited:

BacNBlak

WOODY
Established Member
Kinda looks like he may have had a little shot of juice he used on the third run once he got a good roll going. It was like two different cars the way it pulled.

As far as all the 'coulda shoulda' talk, Im glad you had the vid rollin. That 6 runs darn good!

Fooln Ya

Established Member
I am not too sure on the specs of the car but that car should have walked you bad, worse than 3 cars. I am not sure what happened on the 1st roll run when you were so close, it didnt look like he spun.

BTW your car runs pretty hard, especially for a 6er.
I fully agree, it should have been at least a few cars worse. But that second roll run still has me wondering about what was going on there...

Well his car runs like shit way to beat a pos lol

I agree he should have pulled much harder than he even did in the one run. My feelings would be hurt if I was him.
It very well could have been a pos, the car was clean but that doesn't speak for a good/bad build.

w.t.f, a 347 with 205 trickflow heads and that big of a cam is a 450+rwhp car easy in a light foxbody. that car is deff not running right lol he should do a compression and leak down test

hell a friend of my had almost same setup and the motor was bad and still put down 440rwhp, and he took the motor apart and the pistons were shot. so a setup like that running 100% is easy 450-500rwhp in a 3,000lb foxbody would = rape lol
IF it was at that power level. I don't know what to think really. He tried to "lie" and say it was still a 302, but my brother called him on the lift of the cam not working with a stock 302. So then he talked about the heads/cam/347, etc.
I like the Malibu in your sig pic OP.
Lol, yeah, it was nice, and quick too.

Kinda looks like he may have had a little shot of juice he used on the third run once he got a good roll going. It was like two different cars the way it pulled.

As far as all the 'coulda shoulda' talk, Im glad you had the vid rollin. That 6 runs darn good!
I feel like I'm making excuses if I say the same, but I can't help to. The whole time we talked after the runs I was just taking it as an honorable death. But on the way home I kept thinking about the two runs, and shit just seems funky.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member

This!

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

I was kinda thinking the same on that third run, even if he spun a bit a bit at the beginning of the 2nd run ( did see it jerk left a bit on the hit) he was not making up the ground like he was on run 3

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
ANything can happen on the street, but to compare. My 3200lb race weight, 430whp fox with a C4 went 11.7@118mph in 8000ft DA up here in Denver Co. At sea level it would have been an easy high 10's@127-129mph car. Anything can happen on the treet, but my though is he was yanking your chain on the first roll race. That car should be right around 400-430whp through that auto. It should have no issues going 125mph in the 1/4 minimum if it is running right.

Fooln Ya

Established Member
I was kinda thinking the same on that third run, even if he spun a bit a bit at the beginning of the 2nd run ( did see it jerk left a bit on the hit) he was not making up the ground like he was on run 3
That's what I'm saying. He did spin, that showed like you said at the hit, I'd say even all through first into second. But he still shoulda yanked me after he hooked, which wasn't far into 2nd gear.

ANything can happen on the street, but to compare. My 3200lb race weight, 430whp fox with a C4 went 11.7@118mph in 8000ft DA up here in Denver Co. At sea level it would have been an easy high 10's@127-129mph car. Anything can happen on the treet, but my though is he was yanking your chain on the first roll race. That car should be right around 400-430whp through that auto. It should have no issues going 125mph in the 1/4 minimum if it is running right.
I'm picking up what you're putting down..... I shoulda gotten mopped up by the fox, I know. Still trying to figure things out (if there's anything to be figured out)

good runs OP!

Thanks! :beer:

The guy found the vid on YT and I mentioned something about juice, he responded with no juice, all motor, but he peddled it more in the last run, AND took his throttle stop off. I'm a noob to a lot of stuff, throttle stops are one. I know they're used more for bracket racing and such, but is this something he can just "take off" while riding down the road?

If I got beat (and I did, duh) then that's cool, but these runs are just so funky I can't just take it and smile without questioning things.

SS EATR

Established Member
Good runs! Your car is definitely strong, let me know when you plan to go to VMP again, I know ill be there for Fun Ford Weekend next month

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Naw, throttle stops are normally mounted on the side of the Carb under the Hood. He sprayed the second run and you shouldn't feel bad. Things happen but learn to launch, that would have told the race. His car is a pig. Combo is all wrong in the street. Cam specs sound off also. That size cam with a 1000 cfm Carb should be around 14.1-15.1 compression to work. Stall should be 5-5500 with a minimum gear of 4.30 - 4.56.

Wouldn't do roll ons though. If what he said it had you should have bus lengths but on you easily and the car would have really screamed after 4500 - 7K. Stroked with that size cam and headers aren't quiet. Car didn't shift fast enough with that stall or light the tires up. If it does have what he says its one weak combo. Good running 6er though. I wouldn't feel right playing with a V6 with what he is suppose to have. Should be knocking off 5.0

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Good runs! Your car is definitely strong, let me know when you plan to go to VMP again, I know ill be there for Fun Ford Weekend next month
Thanks, I appreciate that! I'll give ya a shout when I get the chance to get back up there. I may not be able to wait till fall to test these ported manifolds I should be getting this week :banana:

Naw, throttle stops are normally mounted on the side of the Carb under the Hood. He sprayed the second run and you shouldn't feel bad. Things happen but learn to launch, that would have told the race. His car is a pig. Combo is all wrong in the street. Cam specs sound off also. That size cam with a 1000 cfm Carb should be around 14.1-15.1 compression to work. Stall should be 5-5500 with a minimum gear of 4.30 - 4.56.

Wouldn't do roll ons though. If what he said it had you should have bus lengths but on you easily and the car would have really screamed after 4500 - 7K. Stroked with that size cam and headers aren't quiet. Car didn't shift fast enough with that stall or light the tires up. If it does have what he says its one weak combo. Good running 6er though. I wouldn't feel right playing with a V6 with what he is suppose to have. Should be knocking off 5.0

Well, I thank you for the response! Kinda solidifies what I've been thinking. Him and my brother are going at it in the comments, my brother and father are WELL versed with the foxes and variances of motors. I know enough to get by, lol.

As far as learning to launch, I've got a pass or two under my belt, lol. I showed up on street tires because it was a last minute thing. I left around 3-4k, but that was obviously too much.

Here's a vid of my dad (z28th1s), me, and another 3.7 fella we met at VMP about 2-3 weeks ago.

2011-2012 3.7l v6 Mustangs-Battle of n/a Kings - YouTube

mr-proper

Established Member
if you look close the fox is spinning mostly.spinning aint winning

spinning fest at 0:28sec and at 0:40sec

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread