2012 25k miles AC issues...

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
I recently started noticing my car was taking a while to cool off.

It isn't my daily otherwise I might have discovered it sooner as I mostly just drive it in the morning on weekends, but basically there is a noticeable difference between passenger vent and driver vent air temperature.

From some research it sounds like low refrigerant which could be due to bad compressor as other cars in the 25k range have had that issue. I'm 3 months out of warranty...

I don't want to spend $1,100 to have it fixed or even $500 honestly, on a 3 year old car...

Seems pretty crappy how common AC issues are on these cars...

Anyone had much luck with the re-charge kits you can pick up for about $30-$50?

Thanks

JerryC

Established Member
Different air temps between driver and passenger vents could mean a blend door problem and it might not be a low charge issue.

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
If your compressor is cycling on then why recharge it?

Im with Jerry, check the blend door.

I had a clicking noise in my dash a year ago that I took in under warranty, I believe that was from the mode actuator that cycles between the location the air blows out the vents.

The clicking went away and when I cycle the mode that appears to work as expected. Is there another actuator you are referring too aside from this one?

Thanks

Quad4_72

Established Member
Man the AC really sucks on these cars. At 25k my compressor went out. Another 10k later the AC needed recharged again. At 50k my AC compressor went out again. Now I have that clicking noise under my dashboard.

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
Man the AC really sucks on these cars. At 25k my compressor went out. Another 10k later the AC needed recharged again. At 50k my AC compressor went out again. Now I have that clicking noise under my dashboard.

That's what I'm gathering from some quick searches... that ford's ACs are crap.

What were the symptoms when your compressor went out?

I read a few people said they had the cool air on passenger side but not on driver side symptom and had the dealer add dye/refrigerant and found the compressor was the culprit.

Really annoying that I'm 3 months out of warranty with only 25k on the clock and I've probably got a shot AC...

I tried the JSB fuse 15 blend actuator re-learn procedure, no dice.

JerryC

Established Member
You should take it in any way. Be nice and see if the dealer will be an advocate for you to get it warrantied. Maybe since you are under the mileage limit they'll let you buy an ESP, never know unless you ask.

Quad4_72

Established Member
That's what I'm gathering from some quick searches... that ford's ACs are crap.

What were the symptoms when your compressor went out?

I read a few people said they had the cool air on passenger side but not on driver side symptom and had the dealer add dye/refrigerant and found the compressor was the culprit.

Really annoying that I'm 3 months out of warranty with only 25k on the clock and I've probably got a shot AC...

I tried the JSB fuse 15 blend actuator re-learn procedure, no dice.

It would just blow hot air was really the main symptom. When it was starting to go out I also noticed the air would not blow out as hard even on full blast

Users who are viewing this thread