2012/2013 Boss 302 Question!

KarbisSVT

Established Member
Hey guys! Had a quick question. I am looking into buying a Mustang in the next couple weeks. Possibly a Boss 302 if i can afford it. If not then a GT 5.0 for sure.

If i am not able to get the Boss 302 now will I be able to buy one 2 years from now? Will the price go down or up? Since it is a 2 year limited production, will the value of a Boss 302 go up within only 2 years??

I would like to know if it is better to buy one now or if i should just wait and buy it within 2 years?

Thanks in advance!! :thumbsup:

AZBOSS

Established Member
They will depreciate. These cars won't appreciate in value until at least 20 years from now, if ever.

LostPony

Established Member
I think the value of the Boss will depend to some extent on what the performance level is of the next gen Mustang. If the new car outperforms the Boss it could bring prices down, but they will always trade/sell for more than a GT of the same vintage.

Darth Vapor

Established Member
They will always depreciate. You can already get used 2012s for well below MSRP. Buy one now if you can. Take advantage of new car financing on a 2013. Better interest rates and terms than used. Plus you know the car was not abused. Most important thing is get the car you want. Don't settle if you truly love cars and driving. If you want creature comforts like a good stereo, satellite radio, my color, etc. get a 5.0. If you want a unique street racing machine that makes you smile every time you look at her, get a Boss...I take that back, even if you want creature comforts, get a Boss.

KBBoss302

Established Member
They will definitely be cheaper in 2 years, but if you wait that long then you will have missed out on 2 years of Bossomeness!

By the way, you can already buy new '13 Bosses for several grand off MSRP if you shop around. The GT's are great, but the Bosses are so much more fun to drive and well worth the extra dough.

Grant808

Established Member
Get a Boss if you can afford it. They can be bought outside of CA for under MSRP.

If you buy new, you also get to go to Track Attack for free...

If used is more in your budget, I've seen many 2012s sold and currently listed for about $36,500...and a handful under that.

LS290

Established Member
I used autotrader to find my 2012 LS. I paid 42k for a 1 owner with 4,600 miles.

I think I got a good deal, but I used a nationwide search and looked for used cars on the market for 3 weeks or longer. I just basically watched autotrader for 2 months and watched this specific car for 3 weeks. It was at a small dealer in Arkansas and they couldn't sell it. Anyways, I did the entire deal via text message and traded my 2011 5.0 in. All dealers will work out of state.

Here's the search I used to find my car.

Find Your Car: Used Ford Listings Near Fort Worth, TX 76118 - AutoTrader.com

KarbisSVT

Established Member
Well guys! I guess ill be hunting for a Boss 302!! Thanks for the advice!! I'm going to try and lease one for lower payments, if it's possible. Then turn it into a buy eventually. Has anyone here leased a Boss?? If so any decent monthly deals?

cbj5259

Established Member
When I bought mine I inquired about leasing and they told me it wasn't an option. Not sure if it was just my dealer or because the bank just wasn't doing it. Maybe now with the "craze" dying down, leasing might be an option?

Sent from my sharona

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
Good price indicator is cars.com, there is roughly 120-150 for sale at any given point in time, I know because I watch it all the time. Used 2012 range is $35-38k. Some have gone lower, some higher.

KarbisSVT

Established Member
i was actually at a ford dealer a couple days ago, and i asked one of the salesman if i can lease a Boss 302 and he said yes and he also said the Shelby's can be leased too if they have one. :dw: lol.. i was surprised.

Users who are viewing this thread