2011 with 2015 heads what is needed?

skipnay

Established Member
Ok guys on a 2011 engine. What all do you need to change to but 2015 heads on it? Is it worth it? Also guys with turbos what are you doing to your heads? Just a port job or complete with bigger valves?

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
All that work for a gain of 5-10 flywheel horsepower.

Worth it.

Yeah lol thats why I asked him his power goal. I guess some people don't realize that turbos will force the air past most restrictions without a significant power loss.

OP, unless you're trying to break records I wouldn't worry about head work on a FI car. Coyote heads flow very well stock! Dump the head work money into supporting mods.IMO

Last edited:

96lasersvt

Established Member
I have been wondering the same thing. There is not much info out there on this swap. I know the head gaskets are different on the 15's and wont interchange. Everybody says that they are not worth it, but i am building an engine from scratch for my 13 and have to buy heads anyway as i dont really want to source a used set and them have them looked at and gone through. Another thing about the 15 heads besides what power you would pick up from them is they are actually cheaper to buy than the older head. A few extra hp and save a little money sounds like win win to me.

nosscort

Established Member
I have been wondering the same thing. There is not much info out there on this swap. I know the head gaskets are different on the 15's and wont interchange. Everybody says that they are not worth it, but i am building an engine from scratch for my 13 and have to buy heads anyway as i dont really want to source a used set and them have them looked at and gone through. Another thing about the 15 heads besides what power you would pick up from them is they are actually cheaper to buy than the older head. A few extra hp and save a little money sounds like win win to me.

Not really worth it when a used set of heads are available for under a grand, have them ported and you'll have heads that will flow better, be cheaper. This would be my option if I had to have heads or needed them from the get go

Users who are viewing this thread