2011 Shelby studdering on the way home tonight.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
.30 to .32 is a good gap. TR7IXs are a very durable iridium plug. I change mine out every year, but its for max performance, not because I NEED to.

moncho

Established Member
For what it's worth the data log files seem to point to the plugs. Spark dropped drastically when the RPM dropped (studder) while the load demand increased.

Cheers,
Ray

forsho

Established Member
well... minus me pulling the battery and reflashing my Lund tune, now the car is surging just a tad at idle and has stalled pulling up to a few stop lights. I'm sure that the battery is due for replacement and the HE fans and stereo are not nice to it either.

I'm remembering it taking a bit to settle into the tune and before the high idle at stop lights returned.. I'll drive it a bit and report back but it seems fine.

RedZR

Established Member
Did you check the alternator output with your scanner

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
well... minus me pulling the battery and reflashing my Lund tune, now the car is surging just a tad at idle and has stalled pulling up to a few stop lights. I'm sure that the battery is due for replacement and the HE fans and stereo are not nice to it either.

I'm remembering it taking a bit to settle into the tune and before the high idle at stop lights returned.. I'll drive it a bit and report back but it seems fine.

Stock tb? My stock TB lund tunes do that. Aftwr a few drive cycles, the stalling the occasionally occurs clears up. To be honest, i never contacted Lund about it. Ironically enough, my Lund Monoblade tune doesnt do any of that.

Either way, idle quality is excellent. With stock TB, I got used to downshifting to 2nd and riding out the decel.

forsho

Established Member
nope - running the VMP 67 TB, but it did settle out and is almost back to the short high-idle pulling up to lights like normal - only stalled a few times that first time out.

Everything seems great and back to Shelby-tastic as always - once I get my daily sorted I'll start saving for a VMP 2.3 upgrade!

Thanks all for the input, SVT to the rescue again!

Users who are viewing this thread