2011 Shelby GT500 Performance Package 8.8 gear oil

Totalpkg

Established Member
Cleveland,OH, USA or Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Sorry guys, I'm travelling and don't have access to my manual. What does Ford recommend for gear oil wt/spec. I was leaning towards Amsoil and friction modifier, but any recommendations is appreciated. 3.73 gears that came with performance package, and I'm installing the FRPP girdle, so I'm gonna change the gear oil.

96gt02

Established Member
75W140 is the oil spec, does yours have a Torsen diff or was only 13/14s? If it does have a Torsen then no friction modifier, if it has the regular Tlok then either ford, tranX, or amsoil friction mod will work. and if you have a noisy rear, doubling up the amount of friction mods tends to quiet things down a bit.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
11-12 PP cars had the standard Ford 8.8 trac-lok differential with the upgraded carbon clutch discs. 13-14 PP cars got the Torsen.

+1 on Severe Gear. I rebuilt my diff clutch packs and did not add slip lock to the oil per AMSOIL tech line. Their advice to me was use of Slip Lock will not hurt anything, but 75W-140 Severe Duty was formulated to work with LSD clutch packs. If had any chatter they wanted me to add a little slip lock until no chatter. Road tested the car, no chatter. No Slip lock in mine and perfect diff operation with a year of DD use.

Snoopy49

Established Member
2011 GT500 MAINTENANCE PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS AND CAPACITIES.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread