2011 Official year of the 5.O liter !!!!

96supersnake

Established Member
I guess 5.0 is better than 4.6 :(, with all the 6.0 and more running around. At least a 5.4 , common !

BLUE OVAL NUT

RAGING PONYCAR DRIVER
Established Member
I guess 5.0 is better than 4.6 :(, with all the 6.0 and more running around. At least a 5.4 , common !
:read: With a projected rating of 400 hp/ 400 lb-ft for the F-150 even at that level would be a improvement over 315 h.p. / 325 lb-ft of the current 2010 level for the 4.6 3V. According to what was said the 4.6/5.4 are on borrowed time.:shrug:

Swole

Im Swole
Established Member
the source is a truck site, i wouldnt look to0 much into it. We have been waiting for an engine for years, all this BOSS/HURRICANE/INSERT ENGINE NAME stuff is garbage.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
the source is a truck site, i wouldnt look to0 much into it. We have been waiting for an engine for years, all this BOSS/HURRICANE/INSERT ENGINE NAME stuff is garbage.

just to be clear this is not the boss engine. the boss engine is going into the raptor! the truck i had an opportunity to ride in this past weekend. yes there is a boss motor, and its alive and well!:beer:

BLUE OVAL NUT

RAGING PONYCAR DRIVER
Established Member
just to be clear this is not the boss engine. the boss engine is going into the raptor! the truck i had an opportunity to ride in this past weekend. yes there is a boss motor, and its alive and well!:beer:
:beer: This engine of course is called "Coyote" and i whole heartedly believe this too be the next engine. I wish i could have been there for the test ride in that Raptor:rockon:!!!! Even though this came originally from a truck site, i think the messager has valid information to share. JMO

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
if it doesn't have naturally aspirated 400hp minimum, I am selling the almighty 5.slow.

Gixx1300R

Established Member
Last edited:

TORQUERULES

Established Member
From what I can see of the heads, they look like a copy of the ones on 3.5 Duratec V6 like in my Edge.

Also notice how low the Coyote sits in the engine bay. Built to be COMPACT. I swear Ford added two cylinders to a Duratec 35 and spread it from 60 to 90 degrees!

coyote1.jpg

The Duratec 35:

0-ford-s-duratec-35--4_800x0w.jpg

BLUE OVAL NUT

RAGING PONYCAR DRIVER
Established Member
:thumbsup: I was watching SCCA run off's on SPEED "American Sedan" and was impressed by how many mustangs are represented even a '82 GT was there. The final results was a S197 driven by Andrew McDermid (Technician)gave John Heinricy (Engineer) all he could stand and then some. Mr. McDermid ended up with the win. The 5 liter will probably be greatly appreciated by these racer's!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread