2011 Mustnag Gt Rearend clukning

coyoteugly5.0

Established Member
So, I took my car to the shop a month or so back to put on an o/r x pipe, and get a brake job done, they called me back and told me the bearing were shot, and my rearend was bad. After moving forward, they ended up discovering some of the teeth on the gears were broke the clutches were worn to nothing, ect. I went ahead and had them rebuild it, and put 4.10s in the rear. So for the brake job, rear end job, and x pipe, I ended raped with a 2000.00 bill..

After I got the car, I noticed when I hit big bumps in the road like train tracks, pot holes, ect, there rear end is making a clunking noise. I don' t know how else to explain it. I tried to take it back to the shop, and it wouldn't do it when I took the mechanic for a ride, so we left it alone. Its just a louder, hollow, thumping noise, a clunk is the best way I can think to describe it.

The cylinder 8 failed on me so the car is going to be down for a while, but now I'm discouraged and overwhelmed feeling .. because now I have to remove and fix the engine, but in the back of my head I still have this rear end to figure out. I don't THINK its messing anything up, because I've put 2-3000 miles on it like that, been to the track, and have raised hell with it, its just when I hit the big bumps, you can hear it clunking.. any ideas?

coyoteugly5.0

Established Member
The panhard was making a slight knocking noise, but they blamed that and tightened it up and that's when we went for a ride and I couldn't get it to do it, soon as I left and hit a rough spot in the rd before a red light, it was clunking again. Then cylinder 8 failed so I never could take it back. I've had some baaad luck lately.

Users who are viewing this thread