2011 Mustang GT

kens88gt

Established Member
It sounds real that the 2011 with have 412hp 5.0 engine. That rocks!
Anyone know what the wieght of the 2011 will be?

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
It makes no difference bro just add more power & alter the suspension to get what u want out of the car

cmsnake

Established Member
Ive browsed for awhile on the web and so far so good. Apparantly the new 6spd manual is actually a few pds lighter than the 5spd it replaces. At this point it seems as though it shouldnt be much more weight than the '10 which is GREAT news. Now if they could offer an LX 5.0 weighing a few hundred pds less, that would be even GREATER! Wishful thinking i know, but im not complaining.

killr3v

Extreme Member
Established Member
It shouldn't go up that much. They need to stay competitive with the camaro and challenger. They've already been losing market to the camaro since it came out.

DonaldTaco

Look! Its Unicron!!!!!
Established Member
Damn, I wish I wouldve known about the 2011 before I bought my 2010, but there must be a catch, like a higher price in sale or something!

I've heard 35K. Also, people are complaning about the high compressions ratio 11:1. Apparently this will not allow for and good F/I boost levels.

Last edited:

2006YellowGT

Established Member
I believe they should weigh close to the current s-197's since they are on the same chassis. Since the compression allows for high N/A numbers the boost levels will have to be kept low. But since they already start out with over 400 you will not need much boost to get a lot of power.

Users who are viewing this thread