2011 Mustang GT readiness monitors

Stlfltmedic

Established Member
I have a 2011 Mustang GT with a BBK X pipe with high flow cats, resonator delete and a roush axleback exhaust. Stock other than suspension and brakes. However when taking my car to get a Missouri emissions it is showing the o2 and o2 heater monitors are not complete. I have done multiple drive cycles as recommended by Ford and put over 500 miles on it off and on trying to get them to ready. Any suggestions?

Stlfltmedic

Established Member
It previously had a Ford Racing ProCal on it. I returned it to stock using that and did the drive cycle as recommended multiple times changed nothing. I then had Ford reflash it and repeated the same drive cycle multiple times with no change in the 2 readiness Monitors not completing. Do I just need to take it to a reputable tuner?

Last edited:

basspro302

Established Member
Try a battery reset. I would go get a cheap scanner that tells you what monitors have ran. Your car ran the cat monitor? It shouldn’t have ran that if the oxygen sensors monitor isn’t ready.

Stlfltmedic

Established Member
Try a battery reset. I would go get a cheap scanner that tells you what monitors have ran. Your car ran the cat monitor? It shouldn’t have ran that if the oxygen sensors monitor isn’t ready.

I also tried the battery reset before ford reflashed the computer. Yes it ran all the monitors except the o2 and o2 heater monitors.

basspro302

Established Member
Misfire, Fuel and Rear HO2S Monitors

11. From a stop, accelerate to 104 km/h (65 mph), hold steady throttle for 5 seconds, then decelerate at closed throttle to 64 km/h (40 mph) (no brakes), accelerate from 64 Km/h (40 MPH) to 104 Km/h (65 MPH), hold steady throttle for 5 seconds, repeat deceleration 5 times.

Stlfltmedic

Established Member
Thank you for the help. I have done both of those numerous times from a cold start and with the vehicle at normal running temps. With 1/4-3/4 tank of fuel.

debit_free_2010

Established Member
Really? I never would have thought with the cats and o2s being there could cause that

The X-pipe isn't the issue, it's the hi-flo cats, Some people have gotten the monitors to go ready by using a non-fouler with the O2 sensor to move it out of the exhaust.

You can google it and see what worked for other people.

Stlfltmedic

Established Member
I have heard of people using those to correct the issue. However I have never done this and wouldn’t even know how to begin. Any step by step install recommendations?

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Does your bbk x pipe require o2 sensor extensions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

96gt02

Established Member
I also agree your hi flow cats are the issue, going to either have to go back to stock cats or get some non foulers in there, otherwise find a good tuner and they will go ready.

Stlfltmedic

Established Member
I also agree your hi flow cats are the issue, going to either have to go back to stock cats or get some non foulers in there, otherwise find a good tuner and they will go ready.

It is currently at the tuner. If this doesn’t work, how do I install the non foulers?

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Are you getting a check engine code with the high flow cats and the stock tune? Reason i ask is because i am thinking that maybe your rear o2 sensors might be bad. I just had to pass emissions on my car and turns out one of my o2 sensors was bad, it wouldnt complete the o2 sensor and heater readyness monitors and eventually threw a code. I bought new rear o2 sensors and all my monitors were ready after 50 or so miles of driving.

Also even if you have hi flow cats you will still get catalyst inefficency codes p0420 and p0430 without running o2 sensor spacers/ non foulers because hi flow cats are less efficient at converting the exhaust gasses because they usually have a fewer cell count which is why they flow better.

Anyways at this point i would try replacing the rear o2's and get some o2 spacers and that should do the trick.

You can get the o2 spacers from here.

O2 Simulator Straight Cel Fix stainless steel oxygen sensor simulator.

I passed with these with kooks headers and catted x pipe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread