2011 Mustang GT, Need advice on modifications

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
Hi guys,

I have a 2011 Mustang GT Convertible, auto transmission. It's stock with no modifications done to it at all. I have a 10,000-15,000$ to spend on the car. I definitely want a power adder, I'm thinking a Hellion Turbo kit or a Supercharger.

Our climate is pretty hot (Qatar, the middle east) and I want something that will be reliable in our weather.

I'm hoping to get close to 550rwhp. What would you guys recommend ? I'm really interested in your suggestions.

The car is in the states at the moment. The work will be done in Virginia so any tips of where to do the work will be appreciated too.

Thanks a lot in advance,

D.T.R

Established Member
Hi guys,

I have a 2011 Mustang GT Convertible, auto transmission. It's stock with no modifications done to it at all. I have a 10,000-15,000$ to spend on the car. I definitely want a power adder, I'm thinking a Hellion Turbo kit or a Supercharger.

Our climate is pretty hot (Qatar, the middle east) and I want something that will be reliable in our weather.

I'm hoping to get close to 550rwhp. What would you guys recommend ? I'm really interested in your suggestions.

The car is in the states at the moment. The work will be done in Virginia so any tips of where to do the work will be appreciated too.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Bolt ons and a 150 shot
Less than $2k spent when is all said and done.
The car will run cool as a stock car... and reliable as stock (this can change depending how often you spray lol)

davidhuff

Established Member
Bolt on a VMP-ROUSH supercharger kit and drag radial tires and have a 10 second 5.0 street ride.Give Jay a call at JLT Performace(757-335-1940) in Chesapeake,VA. and I am sure he can take care of you since your car is already in Virginia.

Last edited:

JerryC

Established Member
Bolt on a VMP-ROUSH supercharger kit and drag radial tires and have a 10 second 5.0 street ride.Give Jay a call at JLT Performace(757-335-1940) in Chesapeake,VA. and I am sure he can take care of you since your car is already in Virginia.

Sounds like a good idea.

FRPP supercharger kit. Have it installed at the dealer and it comes with a warranty.
Done.
Mike

The warrantied kit won't come near 550rwhp.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
If he has that much to spend, warranty is probably not a main concern.

Well, probably not.

Plus, is there a Ford dealer over there?

The biggest issue is going to be that brutal heat. That is not going to be easy with a forced induction vehicle with 11:1 compression.

Maybe the nitrous idea is the best. Can you get a bottle filled there?

Mike

BV600

Established Member
Ford is everywhere!
Think about the heat and a 10lb nitrous bottle in your trunk, I had scares in Florida before.
I think a blower would be the only way.

JerryC

Established Member
There is a 624 HP kit. That is not going to produce 550 RWHP, or that kit doesn't come with an FRPP warranty?

Mike

The 624 kit is not warrantied. The other thing is that the FRPP's are not made for autos, they are for manual cars only.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Hi guys,

Thanks a lot in advance,

I wouldnt buy the hellion 5.0 kit the fitment blows.. ask me how i know :nonono:

VMP Roush kit, Whipple, or a procharger.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Not sure a front mount is going to do much to cool the inlet temps off a turbo in 100+ degree heat. Imagine what the temps coming off the pavement are.

scotmach

Established Member
I'd have a Roush/VMP setup in a second if my daughter wasn't dead set on going to college.:cryying:

Users who are viewing this thread