2011 mustang 14in rotors

erick stangup

Established Member
Have u had any expirience with the slotted/drilled rotors? Ive heard the break after a while. Thats why i was trying to go for slotted/dimpled

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
What are you doing with the car?

I open tracked with solid blanks.
Been around enough to know that slotted/drilled/dimpled off the shelf rotors are great for looks.
They (Especially drilled) are known to crack in high heat situations and you damm sure don't want to track with them.

Unless you go with a quality set designed for it.
The stuff you get off ebay and such will be fine for looks and daily driving.

As I said, No $200 set of rotors will ever be on my car.
If I'm gonna do it I'm going quality.

StangLoveR

Established Member
To answer this the application is definitely relevant. I'm assuming just street driving? If that's the case, what Stampede is referring to is ridiculously overkill.

Edit: just saw Stampede's latest post. He nailed it. And, coincidentally, I also open track with factory blanks.

Last edited:

Jabooh1

Established Member
I have the OEM rotors and then hold up just fine on track days. I do have the brake cooling duct kit though. On hard days before it it would get a lot of red on the rotors.

If looks is the goal, which isn't bad, I would do slotted. Inexpensive slotted are probably no worse that OEM on track days. No better though.

drkmrkiv

Established Member
I run Baer's eradispeed 2-piece slotted on the fronts. I'm currently running stock rear brake setup on the rear. I do have Brembo's up front.

I would not touch a cheap drilled rotor. I'd rather go with a slotted myself. They just increase cooling ability of the brakes.

I intend on getting the Bear Eradispeed 14" rotor conversion kit here soon. I have to admit, the first goal is for looks, as I have a beefy looking front brake setup and Honda sized rear brakes.

To sum up my post: you're going to want to spend some decent cash on non-blank rotors. I'd go for slotted over drilled. The proper way to manufacture a drilled rotor is to forge the rotor with the dimples/holes in the mold - not to take a blank and drill holes or dimples. That is what manufacturers who make cheap drilled rotors do.

The Brembo's have the stopping power and I've noticed a lot of us are focusing on cooling, like brake ducts, fluid, and SS brake lines. That's what I intend to do when I install the rears and hoping brake fade will not be an issue.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
They do look good though. Haha
But yes, way overkill for a street car.
However, we spend tons of cash to make cars faster so what's 700 to make it stop and look better.

Users who are viewing this thread