2011 kona blue/stripedelete/svtpp/Nav.

olaosunt

Established Member
Never thought I would see the day but I am going to have to let the Shelby go. I have just put a built MMR Boss long block in my 5.0, so want to focus on that. Also getting bored and I think the Shelby is maxed out with the TVS and don't want to put any more money in it. Mods are in my signature and I will also list them below .I am the second owner and bought the car in December of 2011 with 3700 miles. It now has 24,700 miles and I give the interior a 9/10 and the exterior an 8.5.
It has never been in any accidents but I had hail damage repaired earlier this year. The only flaw on the exterior is a small rock chip on the left hind quarter. The lower front plastic spoiler has some scrapes since it is lowered.
Engine mods/intake/fuel:
VMP TVS with 2.4 press on pulley/auxiliary idler pulley/CJ throttle body-put on at about 10,000 miles. Stock cold air intake
ID 1000 injectors.VMP heat exchanger
Innovators west 10 % damper. Car was tuned by Justin at VMP for 93 and 100 octane.
It made about 700 rwhp/lbs/ft torque and I will add dyno graphs along with pictures later.
Exhaust: Dynatech long tubes with catted X-pipe, GT over axle pipes with resonators and stock axle back. Sounds perfect in my opinions-Not too loud and no drone. Install was redone by Dynatech themselves as they were testing their newest cats on my cars.
Drive Train: RXT twin disc clutch/upgraded clutch line/MGW shifter/DSS Carbon fiber drive shaft/3.73/welded axles./swarr bar axle brace bought a complete rear end last year with the hope of getting rid of a whine with the 4.10's and Eaton Trutrac .It did not start to whine again slightly until I switched to the whiteline upper control arms. Transmission was pulled because of 1-2 grind at about 15,000 miles(I will have to check receipts) and rebuilt under warranty. No more grind since.

Suspension: Tokico D-specs with Ford racing K springs. White line upper(new design), lower control arms, relocation brackets and watts link.

Tires and wheels: Stock.Front tires are brand new and rears have 70 % thread since I had drag radials on 90 % of the time since I bought the car.I have a set of stock rears widened to 11 inches with MT 305/35 20's I can include for $1000 since I can use those with the 5.0 since I have a set Ford racing SVT look alike wheels .I also have a pair of Dark stars(unilug) 15x10 with ET street with only 5 or 6 passes made on the 5.0(going to try a full slick) for $500.
Other: WOT box, JPC line lock, Aeroforce gauge, Roush boost gauge in vent pod.it also has the roush side splitters and rear mud flaps.I have all the stock suspension parts.

Car is no garage queen but it sleeps in a climate controlled garage much to my wife’s annoyance as her Explorer sport sleeps outside. I have made maybe 20 passes with a best of 11.2 at 128mph on 20 inch drag radials but with the 1-2 grind and without much needed drive mod. I have not beat up on the car as I save that for my poor 5.0 which I usually run since it is easier and faster
Since the transmission was rebuilt under warranty I have not made any passes but there is zero grind shifting at redline. I am sure sh canl run mid 10’s with slicks and driver mod easily.

It no longer makes sense to have the 2 mustangs I can only drive in good weather.My wife complains that although we have 4 cars we may as well have two as she refuses to drive the mustangs even though she learned how to drive with a stick in Europe(she has since been spoiled my automatics) and even complains when she drives the audi.
After selling my M3 last summer I had wanted to get back in a bmw with the 2015 M3 but love the M235 after taking 2 test drives .It has a twin scroll turbo, makes gobs of low end torque and does not feel like a “race car” –meaning pleasant to drive even at low speed. The exhaust note is not bad and will be easy to mod to go faster if I decide to keep it although I may move up to an M3 or an M2 when it comes out. Selling the Shelby and pulling out the equity(while I have some as I drive it) also makes it possible to get in to the 2015 S550-may be an SVT when it is out- as I had a snow balls chance in hell of getting 3 mustangs.
So the bottom line .
I have been offered $35000 trade in and can take off whatever mods I want .I could easily take off and sell the blower and some of the driveline/suspension parts for at least $1500 .
With the sales tax saving from trade($2500) ,I would have to get at least $39000 with mods but open to reasonable offers.Sorry no trades
I would rather sell the car as is to an enthusiast who I know will enjoy the mods and use the car.
Makes it seem less of a waste putting on the mods and will save me the hassle of demodding.
If it does not sell in a couple of weeks I will demod and trade it in.
Sorry for the long post and thanks for looking.
You can email [email protected] or text 317-717-27927for pictures but will add them later.

photo-143_zps8f7b632c.jpg

DSC09727_zpsdbfdaacb.jpg

DSC09726_zpsd61c9ab0.jpg

DSC09722_zps8eab7d78.jpg
white stuff is grease and this are 18 inch wheels with drag radials
IMG_1841_zpse255cab5.jpg
Not sure if this shelby or 5.0-same exhaust set up
IMG_0124_zps5dda8366.jpg

IMG_0404_zps393da8ad.jpg

SOLD

Last edited:

olaosunt

Established Member
will add interior pics and engine bay plus couple of videos later.
Also corrected phone number/
Got a couple of texts on wife's phone.
Thanks God I was not trying to buy another mustang-would have been busted.Lol
she is okay though that I am trying to sell one of my pets!!

Users who are viewing this thread